Page 558 of 968 FirstFirst ... 544554556557558559560562572 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. but there’s already a black market for guns, so nothing on that point will change.
    Of course the banning of guns wont stop gun violence 100%. Nothing can be stopped 100% because humans are contrarian assholes. Look at polio.
    But the harder you make it to do a thing, the more people you’ll weed out from trying to do it. Perhaps we’ll never get back to a point where mass shootings are a once in a blue moon occurance, but maybe we can make it an every third week thing instead of every week.

There seems to be a sentiment inherent to the human condition that makes people say, “well, this can never be perfect, so why bother?” As if there’s nothing to be gained from the constant attempt to reaching towards that goal. That’s a fairly stupid outlook. Should Josh never have picked up a guitar because he’ll never be Hendrix? Or give up practicing for the same reason? Of course not. You set a goal for perfection to maintain motivation, but the real goal is simply continual improvement. I don’t understand why that concept is anathema to political debate.

2. Seatbelts can't prevent all auto fatalities so why even mandate them?

We shouldn't, except for minors. Give the stupid the freedom to eliminate themselves from the gene pool.

4. I know what the response to this will be, but what about the medical costs?

Anyway, this Mueller thing seems to be catching fire for such a nothingburger

ultimately, the individual bias is the biggest factor in this discussion.

Because the data says that gun related crime and violence (including murder) is on the decline.
    Using 2015 data there were 372 mass shootings, 64 school shootings, and 13,286 people were killed with them. There were 320,900,000 people in the US. Gun ownership is at 24 to 37% depending on the poll. So between 77 and 119 million legal owners. What all that translates into is that we want to change the rights of 24/37% of the country on the behalf of .004% of the country. Well, not really the .004% because most gun murders are urban minority young men and America has proven they don't care about those people. No, we want to ban or regulate them because .00004% of legal gun owners can't prevent themselves from doing a mass shooting.

Now, if you don't give a shit about guns, of course you look at that and say, we should do more. Save every life possible, Life is sacred.

If you do like them, you say "I don't know, .004% and .00004% seem awfully small. I don't know if I want my rights changed for such small numbers."

6. Extrapolate the numbers for airline hijackers vs. regular people. I bet the number is even smaller. Yet every individual has to have their rights violated every time they board a plane.

Extrapolate the numbers for people within the US planning terrorist acts vs. regular people. I bet the number is even smaller. Yet every individual has to have their rights violated every time they use some form of electronic communication.

What is your argument? Whats one more gov dick in the butt?

I do not agree with any of that. I'd be happy if I never had to go through security at an airport again. 911 will never happen again. Those security checks are pointless.

8. Sorry, I don’t care much about gun rights, I wouldn’t mind if you had to go through an arduous process to own them.

I get your point, though, really I do. I just don’t care if it became harder to own a gun than it does to go through an automated menu selection process on virtually every support phone call.

you dont sound very sorry

also, it is already harder than that

10. You’re right, I’m not sorry.