Page 528 of 968 FirstFirst ... 514524526527528529530532542 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Trump has no economic policy, LOL. Get out of dreamland.
    Click for full size

2. I understand keynesian economic policy. I still think a 35% corporate tax rate, RIGHT NOW, is far too high. Though 21% seems a little too low, too. You think you'd ease it down to help normalize effects. But that's not Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. But corporations aren’t paying 35% tax. And there’s nothing suggesting that they’ll behave any differently now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    But corporations aren’t paying 35% tax. And there’s nothing suggesting that they’ll behave any differently now.
    If it doesn't hurt the multi-nationals then consider who that rate actually might hurt. That companies that follow the rules that are mostly domestic, btw, and don't have the absurd bonus structures that almost exclusively dominates left-sided discussion when taxation is discussed. Here's a summary if you don't want to read that actual paper.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Feb 2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I didn't say anything about CEO pay though. I said corporations don't pay that level of tax, and all this does is give money to people that can afford stock, and that isn't most of America.

6. Sure? A uncompetitive tax rate only hurts your domestic companies. You're still talking about listed companies. The tax rate in Canada is around 15-28% depending on tax abatements, so 21% is pretty competitive if that's the goal. Apple did legitimately increase their American earmarks by about 100 billion after the change.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I understand keynesian economic policy. I still think a 35% corporate tax rate, RIGHT NOW, is far too high. Though 21% seems a little too low, too. You think you'd ease it down to help normalize effects. But that's not Trump.
    Whether you're a Keynes guy or an economic conservative, the sensible thing to do would be to cut costs right now when the private sector can absorb the labor. They didn't do shit, just this magic money from the sky hoax where they cut taxes and don't pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Sure, I'm just saying that an uncompetitive tax rate only hurts your domestic companies. The tax rate in Canada is around 15-28% depending on tax abatements, so 21% is pretty competitive if that's the goal. Apple did legitimately increase their American earmarks by about 100 billion after the change.
    But the average effective tax rate was 12-14% before the cuts. No one actually paid the 35%.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Like here is a pareto on gin and juice. Whooptyshit, paretos.

lol
    I’m definitely adding this to Dunlap’s pyramid as things I’ll use in class.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Can someone explain to me why we keep getting stories about people in the IC not liking Trump as if that's scandalous? Like if someone snitched on John Gotti, would we then go "Yeah, but the guy snitching really didn't like John Gotti." I just don't understand.

10. Because the Benghazi and Planned Parenthood investigations were opened and conducted by people who absolutely would not have unflattering things to say about Clinton and PP on their cellular phones that's why.