Page 604 of 968 FirstFirst ... 590600602603604605606608618 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I am completely shocked by the North Korea agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I am completely shocked by the North Korea agreement.
    They don't really have one. Also it seems like we're giving them way more than we have to in exchange for nothing more than nuclear disarmament, which is really just a small part of our issue with NK.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    They don't really have one. Also it seems like we're giving them way more than we have to in exchange for nothing more than nuclear disarmament, which is really just a small part of our issue with NK.
    We’ll see. If de-nuking is table stakes and they sign I don’t think anyone will br upset about it. The human rights stuff can be improved a little bit with some capitalism the same as it was with China. Doubt they’ll make much headway there.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    We’ll see. If de-nuking is table stakes and they sign I don’t think anyone will br upset about it.
    It kind of is rewarding bad behavior. It's telling every banana republic out there they just need nukes and we'll pay them off. Which was very much the intent in the first place.

The human rights stuff can be improved a little bit with some capitalism the same as it was with China. Doubt they’ll make much headway there.
    Possibly, but it also runs the risk of making this wacky pseudo-theocratic dictatorship into a legitimate power. If we don't include conditions that keep them in check, I'd say it's pretty reckless.

Its rather presumptuous that it is America's job to keep others in check.

Also, if we can get industry and product into NK, we'll eventually achieve our goals of a better life for the populous. Our shit is just better, 99.9% of the time. Everyone eventually adopts our better shit when exposed to it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Its rather presumptuous that it is America's job to keep others in check.
    I mean, if we're going to be bankrolling them, we don't want them using that to build up their military and threaten other countries. That's not exactly playing world police, man.

Also, if we can get industry and product into NK, we'll eventually achieve our goals of a better life for the populous. Our shit is just better, 99.9% of the time. Everyone eventually adopts our better shit when exposed to it.
    Of course, but we should also be leveraging that influence for the benefit of those people. It feels like Trump is asking nothing in return except what was offered because he's too stupid to think of anything else.

Maybe it isn't necessary. Maybe china will apply that pressure.

China ultimately wants NK to shut up and play nice. They aren't interested in war, normal or nuclear. And they aren't interested in fixing NK or modernizing them.

If the US creates industry and markets in NK, china will see a new area for business expansion. If this happens, both the US and China will put pressure on NK to modernize. And the best thing is, the ruling elite of NK will probably want to after they are exposed to the best of the US and China.

8. People want him to first and foremost to stop trying to blow our allies up. I’m unsure what can be done about the Juche dictatorship (another failure of Leninism/communism btw) but opening the borders can only help. It’s funny to me Trump was the one to catch this ball and how much crow liberals are eating about it. Nuclear deescalation is a good thing, remember.

But he’ll be impeached any day now. Did you hear they subpoena’d the lawyer’s chauffeur and line dancing coach?! This is it
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 May 2018 at 08:32 AM.

9. Oh, I think Trump has done a good job of ruining all of our alliances, so he's done a good job of blowing them up himself

10. Last night, The Church of Colbert was riffing on Donald wanting to help jobs in China!? and how he’ll start going off about how bad things are in Mexico and to “Build a Ramp!”

I would like to see the God Emperor starting talking to Mexico about fixing their broken law enforcement and bolster their economy. Make Mexico Safe Again! It never was.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt