Page 432 of 968 FirstFirst ... 418428430431432433434436446 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I want to roll up the last few posts and mail them to TNL 2005.

I don't think "hey the name you called her is mean you meanie" argument to someone who's obviously trolling is very effective.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    No, Hillary is the empty pantsuit. Warren comes off as more of an angry schoolmarm, a scold. "Nasty women with nasty feet," etc. If you think that's going to play any better in 2020 than it did last year, then please, be my guest.

I'll grant that description of Hillary. Your view on Warren is absolutely different from mine, though. Every interview I've seen her in has her as as sharp, intelligent person who's passionate about what she's trying to do with occasional trips to frustration as the world gets stupider and Trump-ier.

4. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'll grant that description of Hillary. Your view on Warren is absolutely different from mine, though. Every interview I've seen her in has her as as sharp, intelligent person who's passionate about what she's trying to do with occasional trips to frustration as the world gets stupider and Trump-ier.
    I held the same opinion for the first few years she came into prominence. I even liked some of her ideas, like her plan to make the Postal Service relevant and profitable while at the same time gutting predatory check-cashers.

But something happened during the last election. The calm, collected, rational Warren gave way to a more emotional, shrill Warren. It's clear that Trump gets under her skin on a very personal level, and that's not a good look. I'm not saying she isn't suited for a national campaign, but I am saying that she's not suited for a national campaign against Trump. I know you respect her greatly, but he will eat her lunch.

Gabbard and Duckworth are proven, unflappable, and young. And electable.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    There's nothing funny about that Pocahontas nickname. It's so fucking disgusting.
    She told everyone she was of native heritage very publicly then failed to actually provide any kind of documentation about it when asked by actual natives. She also stubbornly continues to state her family knows the truth.

So everyone in this whole chain of events is a piece of shit, but she handed Trump the ammo.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Nov 2017 at 09:26 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    She told everyone she was of native heritage very publicly then failed to actually provide any kind of documentation about it when asked by actual natives. She also stubbornly continues to state her family knows the truth.

So everyone in this whole chain of events is a piece of shit, but she handed Trump the ammo.
    So by your logic, if she claimed to be black it would be okay for Trump to call her a jigaboo. Got it.

7. More like Harriet Tubman.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

*shrug* jigaboo is a fun word though.

9. "Round-eye" is my favorite.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    There's nothing funny about that Pocahontas nickname. It's so fucking disgusting.
    I love how the left has become Jerry Falwell.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt