Page 259 of 968 FirstFirst ... 245255257258259260261263273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Is the solution then to functionally deny Zuckerberg's right to speech?
    No. But he shouldn't be able to use his wealth to functionally censor the less wealthy.

And he or some other magic example shouldn't be able to use their money to dump mind rot into the population if it can result in death.

And that's where we are at. Other things have been regulated for far less. Because machine guns are scary, I have to pay 30k to have one. And fill out special paperwork. And get special approvals. And shoot it so many acres away from a populated area. All of this for a weapon never used by citizen that purchased and registered it legally in a crime. All of that for a maby. For a "it makes some people feal bad and scared."

But climate change denial? Fine. Pump as much of that into society as you want.

2. The Trump Presidency

I'd be for recusals. Pharmaceutical firms donated to you? You don't get to vote on that stuff.

This idea of corporations as people is nonsense.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. That's what I'd expect a Communist to say.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. The Trump Presidency

Companies cannot donate to politicians. What they can do is give money to an organize that will advocate for whatever including a politician.

That's where te disclosure breakdown is.

5. Right. I think we're advocating for the same thing in 2 different ways.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. I have no doubt that raising the minimum wage freaks out business in the economy they've built.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Excluding large employers which are a bulk of what pay minimum wage kind of kills any value in that study.

I mean hell, that cuts out Starbucks, and do you know how many fucking Starbucks are in that city?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

So many.

Also, gas stations. Supermarkets. Fast food. Every store in the mall. Chain restaurants.