Page 580 of 968 FirstFirst ... 566576578579580581582584594 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Or buy an ass load of fire detectors

2. You should put together your own list, but make it much more specific and weird with tips like that.

Oh and sign it as ~Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The thing is, banning hand guns won't help stop people that murder in those communities. A lot of those guys are connected to drugs. They already have networks to move illegal items. Banning them would just allow them to consolidate power more in those neighborhoods.
    The idea is to make killing less convenient. I still think it would have that effect, even if they can move guns illegally. I can get coke illegally too, its a fuckton shittier than south of the border though (or way more expensive)
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

You're moving the goal post. My response was in regards to banning hand guns to lower inner city gun related deaths which make up the majority of gun related murders.

People flying into a fit of rage, then taking their legally owned gun and murdering the cause of the rage makes up a far smaller part of that %.

And the majority of the actual gun deaths number is suicide. I'm not convinced people don't have a right to that.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 27 Mar 2018 at 08:55 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You're moving the goal post. My response was in regards to banning hand guns to lower inner city gun related deaths which make up the majority of gun related murders.

People flying into a fit of rage, then taking their legally owned gun and murdering the cause of the rage makes up a far smaller part of that %.

And the majority of the actual gun deaths number is suicide. I'm not convinced people don't have a right to that.
    How could i be moving goal posts? This subtopic was about how I am in favor of banning handguns not ar-15's. Then I said the reason I am a fan of that is because I feel it would make killing much less convenient. You made assumptions of reasoning and then moved on that.

Even if it was still doable in inner city shootouts, making it more difficult to obtain would have an effect. Maybe only one guy of the 3 would be strapped, that's fair enough. Maybe there would be less mugging's involving firearms. If your intent is to convince me the cost of purchasing handguns were they illegal would remain stagnant because some of those groups have access to illegal shipping means, I'm going to question you quite a bit.

Nobody robs people on the streets with an AR-15. And a handgun will do less than jack shit when the south finally rebel against the Military.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    How could i be moving goal posts? This subtopic was about how I am in favor of banning handguns not ar-15's. Then I said the reason I am a fan of that is because I feel it would make killing much less convenient. You made assumptions of reasoning and then moved on that.
    I didn't make an assumption. That was the path of the conversation at the time. I've said several times that the majority of gun murders in the US are inner city young males, using handguns. Drew posted a news story about it. You quoted that comment by drew. So it would follow that you wanted to participate in that conversation. Not go off in some other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Even if it was still doable in inner city shootouts, making it more difficult to obtain would have an effect. Maybe only one guy of the 3 would be strapped, that's fair enough. Maybe there would be less mugging's involving firearms. If your intent is to convince me the cost of purchasing handguns were they illegal would remain stagnant because some of those groups have access to illegal shipping means, I'm going to question you quite a bit.

Nobody robs people on the streets with an AR-15. And a handgun will do less than jack shit when the south finally rebel against the Military.
    I think you over estimate how much crime is committed in cities with legally purchased guns.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 27 Mar 2018 at 09:31 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I think you over estimate how much crime is committed in cities with legally purchased guns.
    Ok smart guy, than pull out your stats.

Or could it be that you’re making up shit based upon your bias as well?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

You pull out your opposing stats, wizard.