Page 583 of 968 FirstFirst ... 569579581582583584585587597 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Before we add more control here, we need to make control work in Mexico & Chicago first. Focus on registering and responsiblity for purchased weapons stolen or given to others which are then used for crime, that 80%. Stop thinking in terms of privilege and dismissing others as “third world” as if they are beneath you.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. yes Doc. I believe all that.
    Now what.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    why are still speaking in binary terms like children? Of course banning guns won’t get them out ot the country, ever. Of course the “bad guys” that want them will get them regardless of a ban. But maybe the not so bad guys wont. Maybe the dude that wants one only because he had a mental break will recover a little before he gets his hands on a gun if its harder and therefore takes longer to do so. The important thing is to continuously TRY to reach perfection, knowing we never will. Doing nothing because every fix we come up with isn’t the perfect fix only allows things to get worse.
    If that's how you want to cut it then we are at an empass. Some are willing to hamper freedom to save 10 to 40 lives, some are not.

I personally want to lower the bigger number and help inner city kids. I'm fine with docs idea of stricter enforcement on straw gun purchases. That's 80% of the guns used for inner city crime and the bulk of the guns used for gun murders.

I want to solve the biggest problem. Not restrict a few million people to save 50.

4. I can't think of a more privileged position than believing America should be fixing Mexico's problems. Such is the white man's burden, I suppose.

5. They are our southern neighbor, our biggest illegal gun customer, and our biggest illegal drug distributor and the nullifier to any material restriction law we pass, as long as we have porous borders to cross the band items across.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. well, the number is higher than 50, but I see your point. Conversely, how many lives would these restrictions cost? How many times did a law abiding citizen save lives thanks to having his AR15 on him?

Unless that number is higher than the lives lost because of them, fuck your wannabe machine guns.

And I know it's almost a hack arjument at this point, but that doesn't make it any less valid. The arjument being that the type of weaponry available when the 2nd amendment was penned was quite limited in it's ability to cause harm on a mass scale. It is not against the spirit of the Constitution for it to be amended as necessary as environmental and cultural shifts dictate. The ability for it to change is effing built into it!

7. You don’t go over and tell your neighbor to stop beating his kids, but if your dogs are fucking & shitting in each other’s yards, you deal with it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    well, the number is higher than 50, but I see your point. Conversely, how many lives would these restrictions cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    well, the number is higher than 50, but I see your point. Conversely, how many lives would these restrictions cost? How many times did a law abiding citizen save lives thanks to having his AR15 on him?

Unless that number is higher than the lives lost because of them, fuck your wannabe machine guns.

And I know it's almost a hack arjument at this point, but that doesn't make it any less valid. The arjument being that the type of weaponry available when the 2nd amendment was penned was quite limited in it's ability to cause harm on a mass scale. It is not against the spirit of the Constitution for it to be amended as necessary as environmental and cultural shifts dictate. The ability for it to change is effing built into it!
    I don't know man, I know it makes me sound like a monster. And its a very privileged statement for me to make. But I will shoot straight and say that the rights of 1/4th or 1/3d of the country mean more to me than the small number of people that die in mass shootings.

But thats me. I'm a monster. I think monster things like women's rights trump a baby's rights. Or that I don't care if men stick dicks in other men's asses.

Hell, if I traveled back in time, I'd be a super monster. Thinking its ok for mixed skin colored people can marry. Or that not everyone needs to be the same form of Christianity or even the same religion.

I want to solve the big number. Or at least decrease it. And random restrictions or bans on AKs won't fix it. Bans on handguns might only drop it 18%. And if Josh's post is right, take 30 to 40 years to work, assuming the police can slowly get the current illegal guns off the street and zero new illegal guns come in from pre soviet states that have crates of them.

The big number is caused by the straw sales of guns. And it is caused by drugs and the war on drugs. But we're unwilling to do anything about that as a country. "We" don't really care about nonwhites. And "we" don't really want to solve the drug problem.

10. well why doesnt your logic carry over to traffic enforcement? Why do I have to be stopped at night, blinded by a flashlight, questioned about my comings and goings because a small percentage of people drive drunk at night? Why do people have to have so much of their privacy violated when they want to board a plane just because a very small percentage of people may hijack it or blow it up? Why do I have to have my ID scanned when I buy allergy medicine just because a small percentage of people are buying it to make meth? I asked all this before and no one had an answer. We the People legislate shit all the time to protect the majority from a minority while infringing upon the majority’s rights.
    You want to fix the big number. Great. But your big number necessitates faaarrrr more effort and thought. Poverty is tied to a big part of your big number. But while you are working on your big number, why cant’t we do some shit to fix the easier, smaller number. Mass shootings arent typically tied to poverty, racism, or the black market culture the typical Chicago shooting is tied to. It’s usually some mentally ill person legally obtaining devices capable of doing a lot of damage in a little time. Wasn’t it you that asked why they dont do something easier like home made bombs? They don’t because they don’t have to. Maybe if we get rid of the machine guns some people will go that route. We’ll have to cross that bridge when we get to it.
    What we propose are band aids. I don’t think anyone disagrees over that. But you’re like, fuck your band aid, I will continue to bleed out until I find a miracle that will heal me instantly. No one is saying “let’s stop the white kids from getting killed at school and everything will be great. Mission accomplished!” At least no one I listen to is. Again, it’s like people expect someone to take a block of marble and be able to turn it into David by striking a single blow, instead of slowly chipping away at it over time.