Page 751 of 968 FirstFirst ... 737747749750751752753755765 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,510 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. If only that were true

But then they would get shot by the cops in two minutes because reasons

Unlike how whites can take over federal land and have multi-day standoffs and get away

Oh, yeah, people will die. But the guns will eventually get banned or a lot of controls will be put into place to make them harder to buy.

It really says how far we've fallen. I don't recall anyone in those black rights groups that gun control was a response to, was gunned down by the police in the 60s and 70s for legal gun ownership.

But it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen was just covered up because, lawl, racism.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I don't know. You'd think a lot of people would wake up and realize the fiscal conservatives of the 80s or the moral conservatives of the 90s and 00s no longer exist.
    Yeah, but that stuff is right on the surface and they don't seem to care.

I complained about republicans blocking circuit court appointments five years ago. If the vote threshold were still the same today, I'd want democrats to do exactly that.

I complained about republicans shutting down the government over ACA. I wish democrats shut down the government (longer) over DACA.

No amount of someone calling me a hypocrite is going to change my mind on these things. I'm fine with it. We're all fine with it.

I personally hate the term, but the GOP might just be the white fragility party.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/m...e5aYJXGn0FgXZg

5. ...the survey asked respondents whether or not the nation's ethnic and racial "realignment" is positive or a negative thing.
    That's a very stupid way of asking the question. I would hope the majority of people would have the sense to say 'neither'.

6. The racist politics we see today are the result of some political analysts in the 90’s seeing the growing Hispanic population and predictions of a white minority in a couple generations creating an opportunity for simple majority voting block of everyone else they could take advantage of and they named it “People of Color”. This placed white people in the “Other” category for the first time and they felt uncomfortable.

Then, some writers were looking at antisemitic conspiracy theories and noticed a correlation in data and stereotypes could also be applied to white men and named it “White Privilege” and “The Patriarchy”. White people suddenly understood what it was like to be stereotyped and blamed for the world’s problems. A lot of them felt estranged from their party like a lover scorned and turned away from Democrats and supported Donald Trump - The Michael Moore Democrats.

That’s bad, but the racists who were never Democrats now felt validated by racial stereotypes, conspiracies theories, and political movements going mainstream and became more vocal and open using the “If they can do it, why can’t I?” argument. Eventually leading to violence - cities being burned and churches shot up.

I couldn’t find a precedent of it in Rome nor The Warring States period in China, but it’s certainly a decadence problem and shitty marketing to secure power for two aging political parties with fat constituents.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 31 Oct 2018 at 12:11 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

There were threads of that in preparation nazi germany. There was a feeling that the country was being taken by foreigners. Some of it justified. I think France occupied some cities and.factories at gun point. Berlin was occupied by liberials, progressives and gays (all ideals considered foreign as Germany never went through the enlightenment to the same degree as everyone else) and there were growing groups of communist which was seen as something coming from russia. Oh, and democracy. Germany became a republic after ww1, something else seen as foreign.

It should also be noted that Germany did not start by murdering jews. First they made them second or third class citizens and deported them or bullied them until they left.

The propaganda started as anti international bankers and the jew. Then the international jew. Then just the jew. That's how nazi Germany could believe that jews were somehow both communist and capatalist.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    The racist politics we see today are the result of some political analysts in the 90’s seeing the growing Hispanic population and predictions of a white minority in a couple generations creating an opportunity for simple majority voting block of everyone else they could take advantage of and they named it “People of Color”. This placed white people in the “Other” category for the first time and they felt uncomfortable.

Then, some writers were looking at antisemitic conspiracy theories and noticed a correlation in data and stereotypes could also be applied to white men and named it “White Privilege” and “The Patriarchy”. White people suddenly understood what it was like to be stereotyped and blamed for the world’s problems. A lot of them felt estranged from their party like a lover scorned and turned away from Democrats and supported Donald Trump - The Michael Moore Democrats.

That’s bad, but the racists who were never Democrats now felt validated by racial stereotypes, conspiracies theories, and political movements going mainstream and became more vocal and open using the “If they can do it, why can’t I?” argument. Eventually leading to violence - cities being burned and churches shot up.

I couldn’t find a precedent of it in Rome nor The Warring States period in China, but it’s certainly a decadence problem and shitty marketing to secure power for two aging political parties with fat constituents.
    This started long before the 90s and the Mexican immigration boom. http://library.uwb.edu/Static/USimmi...stat%20874.pdf
    Politicians have been pushing the “zomg, whites will be a minority!!!!!” card for more than a century.

As to your second paragraph, you’re 100% off base and I’m assuming you’re getting your info from /pol again. The idea of white privilege and the patriarchy existed long before the 90s, though that’s when some of it started getting pop culture lip service and people started paying attention. I’m not sure how correlations with anti-semitism play into it.

This is a continuation of a cycle that has existed in our history since its inception - none of this is new or different. People jump into action when they see that they can scapegoat their personal and structural failures on an Other, whether is be Jews, blacks, Mexicans, whatever. When the culture sanctions it via politics, it becomes easier to act violent or otherwise damaging. But this didn’t start with Trump or Clinton even.....this has been going on forever. America was never great etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Whitey seems to be the scapegoat du jour for a lot of things.

10. Satsuki, TNL is like church.
    Thus, let's follow 1 Corinthians 14:33–35

33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.As in all the churches of the saints,
    34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.
    35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.