Page 652 of 968 FirstFirst ... 638648650651652653654656666 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Idiots gonna idiot. I love the point about how the liberals don’t fall for the bullshit as easily.

The bottom line here is that there is a huge lifestyle and ideology split between urban and rural America, it’s never going to reconcile, and almost none of the politicians really care about the average joe in either area.

The thing about Trump that gets me is how fucking B A S I C he is. He probably thinks Putin can’t wait to be his best friend now that he is president, envies and admired his money, and I hope one day once he’s out of office putin tells him to his face that he played him and that he never liked Trump in the first place. Putin is too good for that though. He’d never sabotage a useful one of his tools like that.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 Jul 2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I wish the Democrats would get their turd game together. The right has an embarrassment of turds. It’s too turd unbalanced.
    Yes, the problem isn't that the public is so stupid, it's that the Democrats don't take advantage of it as well.

People in urban areas are inclined to care more about the well being of other people because of how they live. It’s a shame it prevents them from being as vicious politically.

I wouldn't say they care more. They just have different systems for caring. A small town might think it is the churches job to take care of the poor where a city might think it is the gov's

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Their best skill is winning elections, I'd say.
    That's nice, I wish I could win things by negative 500K and negative 3 million, like two of the last 3 Republican presidential wins

6. I've actually found that blue collar country men and women way more quick to lend a helping hand in an accident situation. City slickers sit there slack jawed or take a too-busy-to-be-troubled attitude (cowards, really). It'll most likely be a good ol' boy helping you out of the ditch in a car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    That's nice, I wish I could win things by negative 500K and negative 3 million, like two of the last 3 Republican presidential wins
    Electoral college yadda yadda boo hoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

YOUR VOTE DOESN'T MATTER

I’m not talking about helping in a car crash (though I’ve never seen anyone go without help when needed) I’m talking about policy. When lots of people live close together and share space, facilities, transportation, and have limited privacy it affects their policy decisions.

I think a difference is that events like car accidents are far more common here. I see at least one every day.

9. People are all about their freedoms until their neighbor stops mowing the lawn.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    It sounds like you’d rather live in a philosopher-king style society but that’s bullshit, and Reddy Redneck is not going to appreciate your privileged fancy educated ass telling him how to live his life, and he’s right not to.

You can’t be pro abortion and still have this kind of stance. It’s a very anti-abortion style of thinking.
    The issue here is quality of life under any other system than the one you have is usually much much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."