Page 937 of 968 FirstFirst ... 923933935936937938939941951 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I've always been critical of Obama though. Trump has had the effect of making even miserable presidents like GWB look fantastic by comparison, but I don't really engage in that sort of nostalgia.

Our betrayal of the kurds is almost unprecedented cruelty in terms of modern presidential history though. I really can't think of anything that wantonly cruel and strategically detrimental to the country, and for absolutely no perceptible reason other than Trump loving the taste of Erdogan's balls.
    I think the people of Ukraine, who had an 80+% favorability towards the U.S. rating, would vehemently disagree with you.

But, Cie la vie. We're fucked no matter who gets elected for completely different reasons.

I'm resigned to the fact that Biden will be our President and couldn't be more apathetic about it. Hopefully it calms shit down and some of the absolute absurdity out there will run its course and disappear.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I will say one thing, there are a lot of things I dont like about Obama, but at least we got 8 years void of this whataboutism shit.
    Comparing Presidents to past Presidents has been an ongoing thing since Washington. True story. I'm not certain we've had a good President since Clinton's first term. Probably not.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Guys. GUYS. Everything is okay, Haoh said the White House disputes it.

Obama hasn't been president for 3.5 years, so I don't see what he has to do with the guy currently in office tearing our country apart, destroying our relationships with allies, etc. I'm waiting for you to start whining about Hillary's emails next.

BTW, it's not just the Times. Multiple other outlets are confirming that Trump was briefed - possibly multiple times - and did nothing, including the AP. But I guess they're hacks too, right?

But you keep up with your pointless whataboutisms like the right-winger you claim not to be.

Man I usually agree with a lot of what you say but you really are making an ass of yourself towards Haohmaru.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Everybody needs to be labelled. Divide and conquer. It's why this country is tearing itself apart.

5. It was the only way for Wall Street to defend itself from the angry mob. Get them angry at each other.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01 Jul 2020 at 05:28 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Man I usually agree with a lot of what you say but you really are making an ass of yourself towards Haohmaru.
    No, he's not, Haoh is the one being ridiculous like normal here.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. We should all know more and have better judgement than we did in the middle of the Obama presidency.
    Failing to criticize the poor choices of a past president is not a reason to ignore Trump's fuckery.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    We should all know more and have better judgement than we did in the middle of the Obama presidency.
    Failing to criticize the poor choices of a past president is not a reason to ignore Trump's fuckery.
    Here's the judgement:

Remember how Bashit crazy fox news sounded constantly attacking Obama? Saying he did the terrorist fist bump, was going to declare martial law, was a secret african muslim?

Cnnmsnbc etc sound exactly the same and don't seem to see the irony at all. Now it's pee tapes, red triangles and, white supremecy around every single thing.

Obama had some valid issues, trump has a lot. The same press that chastised fox as lunatics engages in the same exact behaviour now.

Fox news were insane in 2009-2016.

Cnnmsnbcwashingtonpost are insane now.

9. Guess who makes a lot of money from insane reporting?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I specifically said in my reply that I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. Good job ignoring that. Good job ignoring the DoD also saying it's bullshit.

Not "whataboutisms" at all. Consistency is what I'm asking for.
    Yes, you did say that it could be true, and I could have acknowledged that, sure. But good job ignoring what I said about the AP reporting it. Good job ignoring reports that GOP senators are reviewing the intelligence on Russian bounties and finding it credible.

Where's all the concern for Biden saying the most racist thing I've heard a candidate say in YEARS ("you ain't black" if you don't vote for me).
    We talked about Biden saying that in this thread already, I believe. But yup, it's a totally racist thing he said, and it should have gotten him way more heat than it did. We've also made fun of his rapidly declining mental condition plenty of times. Where were you?

Give me a fucking break. "Trump's not Presidential". Uncle Joe: "They asked me would I like to debate this gentleman, and I said no. I said, 'If we were in high school, I'd take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him,'". Very Presidential. Sounds a lot like something Trump would say.
    Again, no argument from me. The fact that Biden is the best Dems could do is fucking laughable. He's terrible, and I've said so. Guess you missed that, too.

I bring up Obama, and 3.5 years ago, because NOBODY was accusing him of sucking Putin's dick while he ignored a treaty that specifically said we would defend Ukraine in exchange for a nuclear arms deal. If I look back to 2014 am I going to find posts from you posing conspiracy theories about Obama, Putin, & the Ukraine? Probably not.
    Nope, I didn't. I believe Obama was a weak president, but (probably?) not a corrupt one.

Consistency is what I'm asking for. If you were spouting off about how selfish the Michigan protesters were who were pissed about shutdowns and whatever the fuck else concerned them were you equally critical about the much more massive protests that Floyd sparked as it related to Covid? Were they selfish, too?
    It seems like you're just assuming my viewpoints on a lot of things, which is just...odd. But fine: while I can understand the Floyd protesters doing what they did, I don't agree with a lot of what they did. Dumbasses probably spread a lot of COVID while looting and pillaging.

And perhaps you missed my outraged posts about the Floyd "protesters" murdering a guy - a black guy, no less - working in a pawn shop to steal a TV? Or the Floyd "protesters" abusing a dog on-camera?

Trump toting a bible for a photo op bother you? Did the African garb that Schumer and Pelosi wore bother you too?
    Trump's bible photo? No, I gave no shits. Tear gassing people to make way for it is fucked up, though. Would you agree?

Don't really know WTF you're talking about with Schumer and Pelosi, but it sounds hilarious.

Your batting average is horrible so far, dude.

But, yeah, keep your one-sided partisan schtick going, dude. Trump is a douche. Biden is a douche. You're just too jaded to admit that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two. Three if you include Hillary in 2016.
    Never said Biden or Hillary were good candidates. Hillary was hugely unpopular and the worst choice to run against Trump. The only reason Biden - who sucks - looks as good as he does is because Trump is just THAT fucking bad.

I'm a hell of a lot closer to the middle than you'll EVER be.
    Okay.

Trash Trump all you want but apply it equally. That's all I'm asking for and clearly too much for you to handle with resorting to "right-wing" labelling nonsense.
    Wow, dude. You really talking out your asshole a whole lot and dead wrong on most of it. But it's fun watching you flounder.

P.S. Obama wasn't a great president by any stretch but there's no way he's on the same level of ineptitude and (likely) corruption as Trump. Not even close, dude.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Jul 2020 at 11:27 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww