Page 489 of 968 FirstFirst ... 475485487488489490491493503 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. This is a really great thread y’all have made here.
    Boo, Hiss.

Is there an example of someone breaking this law anywhere? This is a really great thread y’all have made here.
    Reinvited on your Main Sources like the enforcers. Submachines spray your Liberace pianos.
    Freestyle ambulances, bring out your new dancers. While y'all can't rap, we took your Ampex.
    We have protective custody. Got your face disgustin me. With animal like instincts I left a dead gorilla in a skating rink.
    Penetrate your Gap jeans with Black & Decker machines. Alternate your skullies, catch dead rats in Saran Wrap.

3. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm on the outside, but I think there are worse things to be called aside from He or She.
    I also think there are other injustices that maybe are a bit more important that one could put his or her efforts into aside from the narcissistic cause of pronoun use.
    Demanding you address me in a particular way is a very insular cause. No one else is helped if I win the world over to addressing me as XIOl574d.
    Yes, it is all very first world. But that all begs the question: if it is so trivial, why not just use the words they want? I would call drew Mr banana if it would get him to shut up.

5. Because I don’t want to live in a world of fake politeness in which everyone must cater to everyone else’s meaningless sensibilities. But let’s pretend that tomorrow, everyone knows and uses everyone else’s prefered gender. Is the world a better place? Is everyone happy with social interaction? Or does a group (any group) manufacture something else to be offended by and the gnashing of teeth begins all over again because in some cases maybe it’s not really the righting of a wrong that is the goal, having something to bitch about is.
    Perhaps it’s just that for a while it seemed like progressive society wanted to eliminate the practice of automatically putting people in one of two boxes, and that is something I could get behind. To many, being manly involves a love of sports, beer, outdoorsman actvities, and handyman-ism. Under those criteria I am hardly a man. But now people want a [insert current population figure here] individual boxes and if you aren’t studying to find out what a magical snowflake I am then you’re oppressing me and shouldn’t be allowed to live.
    Let’s work on creating a world where women can walk alone in the dark without fear, trans people can walk down the street and not be oggled, laughed at, etc and a person’s ability to be hired and move up in the world is based entirely on skill. If not using he or she is tied up in that somehow and I’m too myopic to see it please keep trying to explain it to me. I’ve a history of myopia and am open to reasonable change.

6. I love how this is a big problem and yet there are no examples

It’s as if the only reality is tumblr or some dumb shit

Meanwhile Fox News is calling the FBI a criminal cabal and is talking about the Mueller investigation as a coup, but nah somewhere some law exists that some thing might happen and so that’s why racists are gonna racist now

Also it’s clear that these people think Mueller is close. Newsflash: he’s already there.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 17 Dec 2017 at 11:14 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I love how this is a big problem and yet there are no examples
    No ones saying it’s a big problem. That was the original point before a few white knight lefty members of TNL decided to harp on it with provably false assumptions. I find the judgment on that side of the discussion so vapid and self determined that I can’t help myself from shovelling shit its way.

8. Wasn’t the point that the right is acting the way they are because political correctness is such a problem? I believe the word was “pushback”? But then there are no problems...

So basically they are acting this way because they are stupid assholes and it wouldn’t matter one iota how this “other side” is acting
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 17 Dec 2017 at 12:19 PM.

9. I think they’re using this issue to point out how willing the left is to give away pieces of America’s principles based on subjectivity and perceived guilt. That is the MO for identity politics.

That’s a pretty solid platform for them to build up fear mongering and polarization.

Yes. But the stupid laws you've been talking about are Canadian.