Page 491 of 968 FirstFirst ... 477487489490491492493495505 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    When you can’t be a celebrity, you can at least be special as a new gender/orientation. People just want to be liked and what better way to be liked than being special?
    You're full of shit. No one is doing this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    We're not ready for a world of designer drugs. We're not ready for a world of designer bodies. Our perception of right and wrong isn't ready for it.
    Material wants are chasing a dragon. If you’re satisfied seeing the dragon, it’s not a problem. But if you want to catch the dragon, you never will, and the chase will destroy you.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Also, much of this problem is the fault of conservatives. Trans people are normally conservative. They buy into traditional gender roles. Thats one of many reasons that when this all started, they weren't pushing for special pronouns or even being called trans. They wanted the traditional stuff.

But the conservative right wouldn't give it to them. So some of them made up their own shit.

This happens like every fucking time that the majority won't let the minority partake. They ultimately make up an alternative. Rap music. Pants sagging. Flashy gay parades. Xir Zim Zollabem pronouns? None of it would have happened if Lord Whitey would have let the minorities join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Material wants are chasing a dragon. If you’re satisfied seeing the dragon, it’s not a problem. But if you want to catch the dragon, you never will, and the chase will destroy you.
    There is a third option. Learn to enjoy the chase.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You're full of shit. No one is doing this.
    Gooby please. It’s just refusing to let go of high school cliques and inventing new cliques the same way people love creating very specific music labels Black Death power metal, etc. it’s the same reason there are “No true Scotsmen” arguments within these cliques.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b054a0ea68e31c

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

You're trivializing something that people commit suicide over.

7. Maybe you missed the point where I said chasing a dragon will destroy you? Drugs and wants are fine and dandy until you are using them to fill a void inside you which can never be filled because the perfect whatever doesn’t exist. “If I get just one more [blank] I’ll be satisfied”, then you there and you need another to satisfy.

You're on a tangent.

But is it our job to restrict things because they can destroy people? I suppose we should stop giving people credit higher than they can repay? Stop giving out loans for houses? Ban McDonalds and chocolate. Maybe drinking and casual sex? Smoking? Gaming? Using the internet for more than hour a day? Dicking off on smart phones?

Probably the smartest thing we could do as a society, yeah.

banning booze worked out well.