Page 701 of 968 FirstFirst ... 687697699700701702703705715 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    You may not like him, but saying Rogan is "a generic white man" is horseshit.
    Prove me wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. He ain’t white, he’s Italian AND Irish.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. I go back and forth as to if I liked him more when he didn't believe in the moon landing. I hated that shit, but I also feel like we lost something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. He....doesn’t believe in the moon landing? Seriously?

My comment about him mimicking the personalities around him makes even more sense now.

5. He came around on the moon landing. I think Neil DeGrasseJrHigh Tyson was on his show and sure enough, he flipped on his strongest belief. He used to go on *at length* about how it was a hoax for years and years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. That is....troubling. Also confirms my assumption!

7. I dunno, he changed his mind about that years and years ago. I don't think you should hate on someone because they're willing to change their beliefs after being presented with facts.

Joe Rogan is easy to hate if you haven't been exposed to him, he seems like a massive douchebag alpha male at first glance, but in reality he's a sweetheart who gets obsessive with things as a way to deal with his own insecurities. Sure he has muscles and hunts for his meat, but he is basically a massive nerd, he just nerds out about the stuff he likes rather than regular nerd culture.

8. I don't care about the "douchebag alpha male" thing, it's more that he's ignorant and gives pseudo-intellectuals a platform.

9. I'm torn on Joe Rogan. For years I thought he was nothing but a low-brow knucklehead douchebag bro, but I've been listening to some of his podcasts on YouTube lately and I've realized that he's actually smarter, more sensitive, and more open-minded than I initially thought. He's still a flake and douche in many ways, however.

I also like that he has a broad spectrum of guests representing the varying schools of thought and ideology. It's an entertaining show.

10. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I don't think you should hate on someone because they're willing to change their beliefs after being presented with facts.
    This is super important to stress. How frequently do we see people changing their mind these days? How often do any of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    gives pseudo-intellectuals a platform
    This is also super important. Something about Rogan himself bothers me, though I haven't figured it out yet. Aside from that, Joust's point is key. I don't want pseudo-intellectuals like Peterson or conspiracy morons like Jones being treated like the things they say have value. They don't. Call it censorship if you want, but there's no reason to treat people with bad faith arguments fairly. The "marketplace of ideas" is nonsense. Opinions can still be shit these days, and just because someone presents theirs under the guise of civil discussion (and especially if they can articulate that argument well) doesn't make them less ridiculous or less deserving of mockery. The tone of an argument doesn't dictate its worth, but we've somehow let that become the case.