Page 626 of 968 FirstFirst ... 612622624625626627628630640 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. But did the Parents of Korean War Veterans thank you for bringing home their sons?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I think the biggest difference between Clinton with the Lewinsky thing and Trump's shenanigans is that everyone has known that Trump is a piece of shit for years now, so nothing he does is a surprise.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    They have a hell of way of showing that, then. Believe me, I understand how batshit insane the hypocrisy from the R-tards is. But Jesus, it's like the DemocratPhone got one of those emergency alerts: "DON'T FORGET TO MENTION HOW KIM IS A DICTATOR, KILLED HIS FAMILY, STARVES HIS PEOPLE, ETC."

(I'm not on FB any more but I have to imagine it's even worse there.)

And, to be clear, I'm not debating the validity of criticism against Kim. It's just this behavior is way too similar to what Fox News and others did to Obama.
    Context is kind of a thing. Like I said, Trump exits a conference with allied nations we're on good terms with acting like a petulant child, bitching and moaning about how unfair they are and talking about playing hardball. Then goes into a conference with a dictator all smiles and compliments and comes out with nothing but vague promises in exchange for some pretty significant concessions on our side. You can ease into peace with a country without totally ignoring any critique of their history or kowtowing to their terms. Obama didn't go into the Iran and Cuba deals saying "Wow, look at what a beautiful country, you're all so amazing, I'm having an amazing trip. I wish my people treated me more like you treat your leaders." You've gotta play nice to a degree, sure, but forging a peace on a look-the-other-way policy that whitewashes history and heaps nothing but praise on the unpraiseworthy doesn't seem like a particularly stable foundation to build on. For a guy whose base constantly champions for 'telling it like it is', it's a little odd that he consistently sidesteps telling hostile governments with a lot to criticize 'how it is' away from the safety of Twitter, if at all.

"Not wanting the other team to score a run" is undoubtedly a factor at play, but again, all those quotes you posted are the exact same stuff that Rs screamed from the rooftops whenever the other guy suggested a deal. I'm sure some of those are facetiously throwing that back at them in a "whoa, wait, remember this moral outrage card you've been throwing for years? What happened there?" kind of way, as damn well everyone with a memory should be, on either side. Those that have actually, sincerely flopped to that position now might have gotten there in no small part because of the other side hypnotically repeating it at them for those many years. Wild card, there's always been a lot of bleeding heart libs that are unmovable on rights violations to the point where they'll torpedo their own party members for them; It's entirely possible that some of those Dems always had the policy of not playing nice with brutal human rights violators, that that was actually one bit of common ground that they had with Republicans, and now they're expressing betrayal and disgust that the Rs are more than happy to toss that moral standard away as soon as it's their guy doing it.

Heck, the very fact that you saw all those and thought "Boy look at all these Democrats wildin' out" and didn't for a second entertain the thought that any of them might be a conservative actually staying consistent with the platform they've been peddling for years is pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca
    Since I tend to agree more with the Democrats I overlook it more. But I also don't for a second believe CNN is any less biased or fanatical than Fox News is.
    This is absolute horseshit. CNN has a liberal slant, but they're constantly courting the moderate.

They almost always pack their panels with an even number of Republican objectors to their Democratic counterpoints, and often let ridiculous conservative statements just lie there instead of tearing into them like they rightly should for fear of coming off as too aggressive. When conservative figureheads or conservative movements like the Tea Party or the Alt-right come around, they do softball thinkpieces that present them as digestable personalities or idealogies and try to scrub away the fringe elements that might make them look like hitpieces, even when the person or entity is practically held together by these hitpiece-worthy traits. And they're not even that forgiving to Dem candidates, they spent plenty of time hyping up the importance of Hillary's e-mails, they spent plenty of airtime with people calling for Franken's head on a platter.

Fox News consistently airs splitscreen debate panels of 6-9 people, one, mayyyybe two of which are liberals (whom Fox has clearly focus-grouped for maximum annoyance to their audience) whose apparent job it is to interject a few words and then get shouted down by the conservative majority. The most common, salient counterpoint in these debates is "OH COME ON" shouted in eight-part unison. Any coverage of liberals or liberal movements is absolutely drenched in an overriding tone of derision and mockery. They will not turn on their own, they obediently banged the drum for Roy Moore until he lost, to say nothing of offering any pushback on Trump's many foibles. The guy is practically a living embodiment of the seven deadly sins on a network overwhelmingly watched by the religious, and the most biting criticism they can bring themselves to is "He should probably tweet less."

Dems eating their own all the time while Republicans are cheerleading the election of a fuckin' pedophile; "Both sides are basically the same." The fuck outta here.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 16 Jun 2018 at 08:07 PM.

5. Maybe the real reason for Fox News' decision to ditch "Fair & Balanced" is that it's a blatant lie. I don't think it has a thing to do with the motto being associated with Roger Ailes.
    Fox News did trash Obama for his willingness to talk to dictators, but they praised Trump for doing it. They call his G7 stunt a good thing, claiming that his foreign policy is working. Yeah, if you want to burn bridges with our allies.

6. gonna be G6 soon

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    This is absolute horseshit. CNN has a liberal slant, but they're constantly courting the moderate.

Fox News consistently airs splitscreen debate panels of 6-9 people, one, mayyyybe two of which are liberals (whom Fox has clearly focus-grouped for maximum annoyance to their audience) whose apparent job it is to interject a few words and then get shouted down by the conservative majority. The most common, salient counterpoint in these debates is "OH COME ON" shouted in eight-part unison. Any coverage of liberals or liberal movements is absolutely drenched in an overriding tone of derision and mockery. They will not turn on their own, they obediently banged the drum for Roy Moore until he lost, to say nothing of offering any pushback on Trump's many foibles. The guy is practically a living embodiment of the seven deadly sins on a network overwhelmingly watched by the religious, and the most biting criticism they can bring themselves to is "He should probably tweet less."

Dems eating their own all the time while Republicans are cheerleading the election of a fuckin' pedophile; "Both sides are basically the same." The fuck outta here.
    Fox News spent more time ripping on Obama for saluting military personnel when heading off an aircraft with his hands full than being critical of Trump for normalizing a dictator overseeing a country with the worst human rights abuses in the world. Anyone who both sides this is incredibly ignorant or is watching something in the Twilight Zone. And they aren't fooling me.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 17 Jun 2018 at 11:08 AM.

8. Bet there's a Republican presidents' shrine in the Fox News building that all staff are required to bow to & kneel before (wait... no kneeling, because Trump... just bow!) as they report to work.

9. I bet that for most people in the Fox News building it's just a job, and most of the people on air it's just a shtick- just like Trump.

So they're all whores?