Page 860 of 968 FirstFirst ... 846856858859860861862864874 ... LastLast
Results 8,591 to 8,600 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Yeah, Haoh's no diehard Rebublican, I mean sure, he unerringly praises one side and excuses all their foibles, and he relentlessly shits on the other side anytime they breathe in a way he doesn't like, but he makes sure to toss out a "but both sides are bad" every now and then.

The very picture of an independent! Get it together, Dole.
    Really? News to me. Show me or stop making shit up.

2. Just for reference, the only place I post anything political is Facebook and I make an effort not to because of how quickly political discord turns into nasty conversations. Here is every post/topic (remotely political, not family stuff) that I've made since the Covid-19 outbreak:

February 5th: "How do you spell Congress? P-A-R-T-I-S-A-N"

March 12th: A graph on the virus outbreak

March 12th: NHL cancelled. NBA cancelled. ATP/WTA cancelled. NCAA cancelled. With all of these televised sports being cancelled some of us are going to have reintroduce ourselves to our wives.

March 13th: True story: 20ish years ago I got out of manufacturing because China could produce a finished product cheaper than I could even buy the raw material for. I said it then: sooner or later the fact that we aren’t producing enough goods here will bite us in the ass. Here we are.

March 14th: Nice to know that all it takes for the Democrats and Republicans to work together is a global pandemic and/or the end of the world. Healthcare should be fixed in no time.

March 16th: You have to wonder what’s going to do more damage - this virus or the cratered economy that we’re creating.

March 16th: Bloomberg's wasted 500 million sure could have helped A LOT of small businesses that are going to be in trouble moving forward. Be nice if he, and other billionaires, got together and created a fund for all of the restaurants, etc... that are going to suffer immeasurably over the next few months.

March 20th: Keep your fingers crossed that heat & humidity will kill this thing. Looks like early summer for us in Florida.

Didn't vote for Trump or Hillary
    Fiscal conservative, social liberal - believe in universal healthcare, abortion rights, the 2nd amendment, borders, etc... About as independent as you can get.

The only person shitting here is you, Bacon, right out of your mouth.

3. I don't really care which team anyone supports. Hating on each other over politics is exactly what the powers that be want. Be better than that. Neither side is on yours.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I don't really care which team anyone supports. Hating on each other over politics is exactly what the powers that be want. Be better than that. Neither side is on yours.
    It's all right to have disparate views of issues that don't, and might never, line up. It's not okay to wish someone would die of some horrible disease because you don't like them or those views. That's a whole another level of hate.

The problem is the people can't seem to discuss different views of subjects without it evolving into a rhetoric driven over the top insult fest. It would be far more productive to express your views, have them be heard and understood, and then be willing to listen to the other side's views and offer the same respect. We might actually get something done in this country instead of this hyper partisan crap that doesn't do anyone, least of all us, the "little people", any good.

5. I voted for Trump. I don't consider myself to be a dimwit. I'm actually fairly well respected as a person. I work in a place with mainly Democrats in a city that's mainly made up of Democrats, doing work that helps people. And no one's ever called me a dimwit to my face.

It's exceedingly easy to talk shit and demonize others on the Internet.

6. Fortunately, it's just as easy to ignore it.
    I honestly don't know who I would have voted for if I were an American. I think Trump is an ignorant douche, but he may still have been the lesser of two evils. We'll never know what sort of sinister shit Clinton would have gotten up to if she'd been elected, and the independent candidates were not particularly compelling, to say the least.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I voted for Trump. I don't consider myself to be a dimwit. I'm actually fairly well respected as a person. I work in a place with mainly Democrats in a city that's mainly made up of Democrats, doing work that helps people. And no one's ever called me a dimwit to my face.

Social media has set actual socializing back decades if not centuries. "Keyboard muscles"

8. I agree, but it was only an accelerant for what cable news and reality TV started - a sensational disregard for reason.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 22 Mar 2020 at 05:22 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Wrong again. Keep going, you're on a roll.
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Yeah, Haoh's no diehard Rebublican, I mean sure, he unerringly praises one side and excuses all their foibles, and he relentlessly shits on the other side anytime they breathe in a way he doesn't like, but he makes sure to toss out a "but both sides are bad" every now and then.

The very picture of an independent! Get it together, Dole.
    You're SO right, Bacon! Silly me, judging a man by his actions and all.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Just for reference, the only place I post anything political is Facebook
    Aaaannnnd that's what I (and everyone else) am basing my opinion on.

I make an effort not to because of how quickly political discord turns into nasty conversations. Here is every post/topic (remotely political, not family stuff) that I've made since the Covid-19 outbreak:

February 5th: "How do you spell Congress? P-A-R-T-I-S-A-N"

March 12th: A graph on the virus outbreak

March 12th: NHL cancelled. NBA cancelled. ATP/WTA cancelled. NCAA cancelled. With all of these televised sports being cancelled some of us are going to have reintroduce ourselves to our wives.

March 13th: True story: 20ish years ago I got out of manufacturing because China could produce a finished product cheaper than I could even buy the raw material for. I said it then: sooner or later the fact that we aren’t producing enough goods here will bite us in the ass. Here we are.

March 14th: Nice to know that all it takes for the Democrats and Republicans to work together is a global pandemic and/or the end of the world. Healthcare should be fixed in no time.

March 16th: You have to wonder what’s going to do more damage - this virus or the cratered economy that we’re creating.

March 16th: Bloomberg's wasted 500 million sure could have helped A LOT of small businesses that are going to be in trouble moving forward. Be nice if he, and other billionaires, got together and created a fund for all of the restaurants, etc... that are going to suffer immeasurably over the next few months.

March 20th: Keep your fingers crossed that heat & humidity will kill this thing. Looks like early summer for us in Florida.

Didn't vote for Trump or Hillary
    Fiscal conservative, social liberal - believe in universal healthcare, abortion rights, the 2nd amendment, borders, etc... About as independent as you can get.

The only person shitting here is you, Bacon, right out of your mouth.
    TLDR

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I voted for Trump. I don't consider myself to be a dimwit. I'm actually fairly well respected as a person. I work in a place with mainly Democrats in a city that's mainly made up of Democrats, doing work that helps people. And no one's ever called me a dimwit to my face.
    Hey, don't take it so personally, sugar. In case you didn't notice, I was responding to what haoh said.

I assure you, I would say it to anyone's face.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Mar 2020 at 03:36 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww