Page 714 of 968 FirstFirst ... 700710712713714715716718728 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. He was worried you were going to shank him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Come on man you're not even that dense. I'm mean how gaming back was for us back in the early 80s before the internet became a thing. When I was a kid growing up on the Atari 2600, The Commodore 64 and eventually the NES and SNES, I wasn't concerned about if video games were too violent or censored to death. Back then we didn't have games that cost a shitload of money like Destiny did or the whole concept of DLC and microtransactions wasn't a thing back then.

Now we have countries like Belgium making laws about gambling in video games among other things.

I'm more or less saying things were a lot more simple back then when people like Anita didn't exist to ruin one of my favorite hobbies.
    I grew up in the arcades of the 80s too. Today is a billionty times better than back then, and I loved arcade gaming in the 80s. More people with their own views makes it stronger and more interesting with a wider variety of games and more genres and viewpoints than I could have ever dreamed of when this all started. Simple is not the same as better.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    False Equivalence.
    Not really! As I said before, Anita isn't providing convententail criticism. The videos are pushing for change.

If you think she made a video about the damsel in distress trope, and the goal wasn't to see less of it in games, you're being naive or dishonest.

And thats all the videos. "Here is this bad thing I've barely researched and didn't even fact check with google...and we should probably stop doing it...and if you do like it, you should probably feel bad."

4. So ignore her? Youtube is filled to the brim with people you disagree with. Walk away. The reason she gets attention is the people who attack her are infinitely worse than a video that should have been researched better. I'm on Sarkeesian's side specifically because to not be would be to be in league with the shitlords of humanity. I'll never watch a single one of her videos, but the anti-Sarkeesian, Gamergate group needs to be put down. They're a far bigger threat to gaming than a random Youtuber will ever be.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Good news: literally nobody is doing or even proposing that.
    learn to read sarcasm.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So ignore her? Youtube is filled to the brim with people you disagree with. Walk away. The reason she gets attention is the people who attack her are infinitely worse than a video that should have been researched better. I'm on Sarkeesian's side specifically because to not be would be to be in league with the shitlords of humanity. I'll never watch a single one of her videos, but the anti-Sarkeesian, Gamergate group needs to be put down. They're a far bigger threat to gaming than a random Youtuber will ever be.
    Who are you talking to? I haven't watched a video by her in 3 years.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm on Sarkeesian's side specifically because to not be would be to be in league with the shitlords of humanity. I'll never watch a single one of her videos, but the anti-Sarkeesian, Gamergate group needs to be put down. They're a far bigger threat to gaming than a random Youtuber will ever be.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. What's the axe shirt guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I grew up in the arcades of the 80s too. Today is a billionty times better than back then, and I loved arcade gaming in the 80s. More people with their own views makes it stronger and more interesting with a wider variety of games and more genres and viewpoints than I could have ever dreamed of when this all started. Simple is not the same as better.
    I'll agree with you to a point on this. I just feel things were less complicated back then compared to now. I love gaming today as much as back then but sometimes it's just stupid when I buy a new game, pop the disc in the system only to get greeted with a "Version Update" almost all the time. I'm old but I just miss being able to pop a game in, turn the power on and not having to go somewhere for 30 to 50 minutes before I can play. That's one factor but overall I do love how things have advanced in many aspects just so many negatives have come along with it at the same time.

And about GamerGate. I've never cared about it at all. I only half know what it is because I didn't give enough of a damn to read up on it. Anita tho is a person who just needs to stop injecting herself into gaming when she herself has 0 interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I was pretty worried about video game censorship back then (I already hated the censorship of third-party games by first-parties). Remember Joe Lieberman?
    Yeah I remember this more then I cared to. To me back then he was just a joke of a person vying for attention with bullshit propaganda in an attempt to make himself look good. The thing is that a lot people take Anita and people like her very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    He was worried you were going to shank him.
    God fucking dammit Yeller, This made me laugh harder then it should have!
    Last edited by BonusKun; 20 Sep 2018 at 07:31 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. If you're writing paragraphs calling a woman who criticizes games a dumb bitch and painting a guy that trades in bad-faith arguments and frothing antagonism as the victim, you might care about Gamergate. You might, uh, actually be Gamergate, in fact.