Page 908 of 968 FirstFirst ... 894904906907908909910912922 ... LastLast
Results 9,071 to 9,080 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Portland foo
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. The only rule that should apply to politicians on twitter is 'talk shit, get shot'.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Portland foo
    Yeah. Once corona is corowned. This time i will now show up one day early...

4. Also, i am in Corvallis. Roll down. We dont have homeless piss stank all over.

5. There’s likely more downside than upside for a social media platform to muzzle the leaders of the free world. It’s all or none, barring literal hate speech.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That said, comparing Trump to Biden in that regard makes no sense. Sure, Biden has done some dumb shit, but the level of slander and lies Trump peddles via Twitter is unprecedented for politics (and that's saying a lot), and getting two Tweets fact-checked after shitting out thousands of them isn't even remotely a slap on the wrist. People have been perma-banned from Twitter for not even doing one iota of what Trump does on a daily basis, so you can't say he's being singled out.
    Yeah, Twitter's allowed hundreds, probably thousands if you include retweets, of garbage tweets from Trump that could have rightly included a fact check alongside them. If all things are equal and BK's suggesting that liberal politicians be treated the exact same way Trump was, I doubt think any democrat politician is anywhere near rolling the same miles on their bullshit-o-meter to where they'd be due to be hit with one anytime soon.

Which is beside the point that the left doesn't actually... not want fact checks? Pour it on, do that shit to everyone as often as possible. Let's get a clear sense which side generally speaks to truth and which one doesn't. Pretty please?

If the thought of a culture of constant fact checking makes you sweat, if you view that as an existential threat to the politics you align with... Well gee whiz Bullwinkle, sounds like maybe you should do a little introspection on why that might be, hm?
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 29 May 2020 at 12:37 AM.

I want a st link that says "would you like to know more?" Under all his tweets.

8. He used the official White House twitter account to quote-retweet the thing that got flagged for glorifying violence.

That would get you banned from tons of smaller sites like this.

If he starts bumping old twitter threads...

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Why do you know any of this?
    Sadly this was posted all over several gaming channels on youtube so it wasn't hard to miss. It was one of those hot topics of people complaining that putting a person like this in some position of power on Twitch was a bad mistake. It'll blow over like most things eventually.

A lot of platforms like YT, Twitch, Twitter and Facebook are protected from any liability for what people post on their sites. The thing is now that sites like Twitter are trying to "police" things to an extent of weather it's true or not is just not a good idea and opens the door to many issues. They are now for the 1st time ever being put under a hard light because of the selective moderation being done on those platforms and I think this honestly was something that was a long time in coming.

I don't forsee a lot of good coming out of this honestly.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 29 May 2020 at 12:53 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    BK's suggesting that liberal politicians be treated the exact same way Trump was, I doubt think any democrat politician is anywhere near rolling the same miles on their bullshit-o-meter to where they'd be due to be hit with one anytime soon.
    No that's not what I'm saying. It's just the double standard is there and people just don't want to admit to it.

Soon we will be seeing pics of him at Tiki Torch rallies as he is such a poor oppressed white man.
    *Facepalm.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 29 May 2020 at 12:57 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL