Page 509 of 968 FirstFirst ... 495505507508509510511513523 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So should comedians not make fun of the president?
    They absolutely should make fun of the president. This just looks terrible, though. It's not funny and feels completely toothless.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Apparently the person reading for the audio book version of that Ice and Fire book or whatever sounds almost exactly like Ron Howard, and so the book sounds like Arrested Development.

https://twitter.com/robtanchum/statu...32585981169670
    Incredible.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    For sure he is deteriorating. There are signs of dementia or alzheimers. But even accounts from 30 years ago all indicate he had no real ability to focus, work, or manage. His vocabulary was better than it is now, and likely his memory too, but he was always ignorant and low-functioning.
    How would you know that, though? We haven't ever seen much of the guy in any way other than how he wanted to be seen, but that doesn't mean that those that knew him off screen weren't well aware of his idiocy.

If you think any of this is new, I urge you to read this fantastic piece about the ghostwriter of The Art of the Deal and his experience with Trump over 30 years ago:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...iter-tells-all
    Right. Something has seemed off with him compared to his time on The Apprentice. Not that he'd have been much better of a President in the early 2000s, anyway.

Comedians should make fun of the president, but they have to do a good job. What's in this trailer looks like a swing & a miss. Alec Baldwin's SNL skits nail it.

4. It looks like some "That's My Bush" level hackery, but that's fine.

5. So Mueller wants to interview Trump, and the WH says "no way"

So let's see here:

They were OK with it before they knew anything that Mueller did (and I am sure they don't know everything he does)
    Trump is a super stable genius
    Trump did nothing wrong
    and even if he did do something, it wasn't illegal

So what does this all mean? HMM

maybe he's totally innocent and everyone else is guilty
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 08 Jan 2018 at 12:32 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Apparently the person reading for the audio book version of that Ice and Fire book or whatever sounds almost exactly like Ron Howard, and so the book sounds like Arrested Development.

https://twitter.com/robtanchum/statu...32585981169670
    This is hilarious.

The book, however, is somewhat shite. I don't doubt that there are elements of truth in it, but some of this stuff is so obviously exaggerated, NY Post-style. Like, not quite a total tabloid rag, but not quite NY Times level journalism either. It's funny, but it's written a little too tongue-in-cheek to be totally serious. I think than Bannon stuff is probably mostly true bc Bannon has a big mouth and he'll yammer on to just about anyone, but some of the nuances are like ....wtf. No one does this. Wolff does pseudo-entertainment news, not these groundbreaking Pulitzer prize winning pieces.

It's a fun distraction but in a few months every thrift store is gonna have 40 copies of this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. how many illegals does it take to burn a piss tape and piles of kgb documents? three, apparently

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1EX17A

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    This is hilarious.

The book, however, is somewhat shite. I don't doubt that there are elements of truth in it, but some of this stuff is so obviously exaggerated, NY Post-style. Like, not quite a total tabloid rag, but not quite NY Times level journalism either. It's funny, but it's written a little too tongue-in-cheek to be totally serious. I think than Bannon stuff is probably mostly true bc Bannon has a big mouth and he'll yammer on to just about anyone, but some of the nuances are like ....wtf. No one does this. Wolff does pseudo-entertainment news, not these groundbreaking Pulitzer prize winning pieces.

It's a fun distraction but in a few months every thrift store is gonna have 40 copies of this book.
    Well I think you have to take this as a series of accounts by those around him. Wolff even spells out that that these are sometimes even contradictory. They're personal accounts told second hand. That doesn't mean there's nothing to learn though. In fact the subjective accounts are part of what makes it interesting. Bannon and Spicer's voices seem to come through the loudest though.

That the President is ill informed, capricious, and disinterested is no great revelation, but the way that he seems to be completely surrounded by competing advisors who are all out to fuck each other, and who all have contradictory political goals really explains a lot. It also seems like Ivanka and Kushner are at the heart of the efforts to stall the Russia investigation and that it probably has fuck all to do with the election (again, no great surprise, but it makes a convincing case).

9. I think that the fact that virtually none of the shitload of people he interviewed have refuted this book says a lot.

10. I think at this point everyone wants to go home
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread