Page 709 of 968 FirstFirst ... 695705707708709710711713723 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. After listening to a dozen of his podcasts, I have a new respect for Joe Rogan. He’s dumb on some subjects (sciences), but he’s a really good listener and great about people. In the Sargon episode, he shuts Sargon down when he goes on an Anita Sarkeesian rant, saying you can attack ideas but don’t attack her, the person. Which is what Sargon was doing. It made me hate him, and realize he’s a petty gossipy shitheel and part of what’s wrong with politics - it’s so personality & team (identity) driven and the issue at hand doesn’t really matter, nor does the goal of attempting to find a solution which can meet some of the needs of both sides. So, Joe lesson learned? Focus on the subject and don’t make the person the subject.

Then, he had Neil deGrasse Tyson on, and Neil is a smart powerful man, way brighter than Joe. But Neil has a weakness, he cares too much what people think. And he gets carried away and excited, and in this moment when he retold how he quit critiquing movies on twitter because of a couple dozen hateful comments, Joe calmly got him to slow down and realize the shit people say on Twitter is insignificant compared to the overall reaction of his millions of followers and how he shouldn’t let those negative comments effect his behavior or deny his audience his full thoughts. It was a fantastic moment and made me bond with both of them more.

In both episodes Joe tried to stop them from using ‘they’ or ‘people’ when describing a fanatical marginal minority that hardly represents everyone in a group. Joe has that part right and that’s what NPR is missing and why I stopped listening.

I’m not listening to all of his podcasts, but NdT, Elon, Tulsi, and Chuck Palahniuk were all outstanding. The Sargon one I stopped listening to because he was an insufferable bastard.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 18 Sep 2018 at 11:52 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. That's the thing - He gets criticized for giving a lot of dickheads a talking platform and exposure, but in the end, it just ends up exposing them for who they really are. Do you really think Alex Jones was taken more seriously after he went on about inter-dimensional alien pedophiles, or Milo Yiannopoulos after he endorsed drunk driving?

3. I go through phases with any podcast. I listened to enough Rogan for several months to need a signifigant break, but I enjoyed a lot the guests. Just gotta jump to about fifteen minutes in to skip the ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Yeah, full disclosure, I only listen to maybe 20% of his podcasts.

5. I don't ever need to hear about Me Undies or Squarespace ever again in this life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Y'all are getting radicalized by Rogan and his guests. https://datasociety.net/output/alternative-influence/

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    In the Sargon episode, he shuts Sargon down when he goes on an Anita Sarkeesian rant, saying you can attack ideas but don’t attack her, the person. Which is what Sargon was doing. It made me hate him, and realize he’s a petty gossipy shitheel and part of what’s wrong with politics - it’s so personality & team (identity) driven and the issue at hand doesn’t really matter, nor does the goal of attempting to find a solution which can meet some of the needs of both sides. So, Joe lesson learned? Focus on the subject and don’t make the person the subject.
    To be 100% fair Anita deserves all the shit she gets. She is a straight up pussy when it comes to debating people because she says all this shit and when people legit want to discuss and talk to her about her viewpoints, she flat out ignores them. Not to mention on any YT videos she does, She has Likes/Dislikes disabled along with comments off as well. Also about him not being able to attack her is bullshit.

She was on a panel at vidcon and verbally attacked him when he was in the audience when he said and did nothing to provoke her. He was only there to listen and she called him a "shithead" & "garbage human" in an attempt to make an example of him in front of a whole lot of people.

When you're on a panel at a paid event, You don't get to randomly attack people in the audience just because you don't like them.

Not to mentioned she bullied one of the other panelists when he said "Men can get harassed online just as much as women." She is a self-centered bitch who straight up lied about being a gamer, was caught on camera saying she doesn't even like games and yet you would think people wouldn't bash on her for trying to fuck over this hobby?

So yeah fuck her and fuck anyone who supports her.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 19 Sep 2018 at 08:26 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. Oh, IP isn’t going to be happy.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    After listening to a dozen of his podcasts, I have a new respect for Joe Rogan. He’s dumb on some subjects (sciences), but he’s a really good listener and great about people. In the Sargon episode, he shuts Sargon down when he goes on an Anita Sarkeesian rant, saying you can attack ideas but don’t attack her, the person. Which is what Sargon was doing. It made me hate him, and realize he’s a petty gossipy shitheel and part of what’s wrong with politics - it’s so personality & team (identity) driven and the issue at hand doesn’t really matter, nor does the goal of attempting to find a solution which can meet some of the needs of both sides. So, Joe lesson learned? Focus on the subject and don’t make the person the subject.
    I do love Rogan, and he is a good interviewer, but he gets in over his head with some guests and sometimes lets some pretty shitty people run circles around him unchecked.

He's willing to challenge guests, but often deperately ill-equipped to do so in which case he just lets them rant. Peter Schiff is a great example. He talks endlessly about how Peter Schiff "destroyed" random strangers in the street with an argument about economics (hardly a huge victory) but doesn't question any of the highly dubious shit he says.

10. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    That's the thing - He gets criticized for giving a lot of dickheads a talking platform and exposure, but in the end, it just ends up exposing them for who they really are. Do you really think Alex Jones was taken more seriously after he went on about inter-dimensional alien pedophiles, or Milo Yiannopoulos after he endorsed drunk driving?
    What's interesting to me is when the opposite happens. Like Ben Shapiro on the show seemed far more reasonable and grounded on Rogan -- still conservative, but with none of the trollishness or crazy posturing on indefensible positions. At first it made me like him a little more, but the next time I saw him on his own show it made me realize how much of this shit is just a put on and a deliberate attempt to deceive and manipulate a less sophisticated audience.