Page 598 of 968 FirstFirst ... 584594596597598599600602612 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Sounds like Cohen has some recordings.

2. That's something I don't get. We all lol'd when Trump was screaming ATTORNEY CLIENT PRIVILEGE IS DEAD, but shouldn't those tapes be inadmissible in anything?

3. Not if crimes were discussed.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Yeah, I think attorney-client privilege goes out the window when the attorney is actually a party to the crimes in question rather than just defending the client after the fact like normal. (But we should probably ask one of our actual resident lawyers to be sure.)
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 13 Apr 2018 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Not if crimes were discussed.
    So what do you think criminals are discussing with their lawyers other than crimes and the law as it relates to those crimes?

I thought attorney client privilege was only moot if the council helped in the service of a future or ongoing crime.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 13 Apr 2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I thought attorney client privilege was only moot if the council helped in the service of a future or ongoing crime.
    Makes sense since the council alleged with doing some crimes on Trump's behalf.

This should be fun.

7. I would take the Cohen recording thing with a grain of salt, since it's all "people familiar with his practice said..." and conjecture from advisors who can't comment on the record.

EDIT: Also, I would think the recordings would need to have been made with client permission, otherwise they'd be useless, right?
    Last edited by Calliander; 13 Apr 2018 at 09:52 AM.

8. Not if they’re going after Cohen. And if Cohen is an accomplice, then...

I’m not a lawyer, I don’t know. But otherwise, everyone would break the law with the help of lawyers, and then claim nothing’s admissible, no?

(c) for the purpose of securing primarily either

(i) an opinion on law, or

(ii) legal services, or

(iii) assistance in some legal proceeding, and not”
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 13 Apr 2018 at 10:05 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I’m not a lawyer, I don’t know. But otherwise, everyone would break the law with the help of lawyers, and then claim nothing’s admissible, no?
    Yeah, I'm loathe to opine either way. I'm just slightly distrustful when the sources are vague and everyone jumps right to, "Cohen has tapes of Trump saying stuff! Oh man his goose is cooked this time!" when that is the reaction to every little thing. Hehe. Trump must have more cooked goose than he knows what to do with by now.

10. I don't know what Cohen has obviously. As to your second point, if Obama had done 1/100th of the shit Trump has, he'd have been shot into the ionosphere. So we know he's guilty, everyone else does too. Just have to put non-cowards in government.