Page 527 of 968 FirstFirst ... 513523525526527528529531541 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Why does anyone want to watch a liar lie for however the hell long it is?
    This exactly. I was gaming at the moment (Mass Effect: Andromeda) & couldn't be bothered to stop for it.

Sarah Sanders says Pelosi should smile more? Whatever.
    Nancy, thanks for showing how you truly felt. Smile if & only if you're feelin' it. I'd rather see a honest glare than a fake smile.

2. That's rich coming from her; has she ever smiled? Certainly not since before her last job, dropping from the ceiling onto Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Lobster women are told to smile too so that's not systemic sexism.

Just fyi.

4. 6/10 - You’d have to work Pareto distributions or nazi references in to that lobster straw man for it to really work (I’ll respond to your /pol stuff when I get a chance)

The SOTU (these ridiculous political shortforms are getting out of hand) was pretty shitty. Obama made so much social gains for minority groups that it worries me how much the clock will be pushed back. Gay marriage is at least safe at the Supreme Court level.

His economic policy isn’t the worst but some of his loophole closures were too political for my tastes, but employment is not trending up as much as Obama’s last 6 months for job creation. I’m neutral on border stuff. It sounds futile, but is a natural balance offset against the “let them all in lol!” perceived attitude of the Dems.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Feb 2018 at 08:44 AM.

For the record, there is nothing special about saying "pareto distribution"

It is literally a bar chart ordered from greatest to least.

6. Of course? It’s the most common occurring distribution of success within hierarchies.

Like here is a pareto on gin and juice. Whooptyshit, paretos.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Of course? It’s the most common occurring distribution of success within hierarchies.
    Except when it isnt.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Gay marriage is at least safe at the Supreme Court level.
    The clock is ticking on that. All they need is one of the left-leaning judged to retire or croak. And impeachment does nothing to stave that off either, as Pence is likely to pick someone even worse.

His economic policy isn’t the worst
    What? Does he even have an economic policy? He thought that stock market gains could pay off the deficit.

Cutting taxes leads to short term economic gains, but all economic wisdom is that this is the wrong time to do it. You use tax cuts as stimulus in a decline, and you cut budgets and raise revenues in the fat times. That's how it works. Paying less taxes doesn't hurt anything now, but it puts us in a really bad position when things start to wane. It's really, really stupid.

10. Unfortunately the SOTU is that the world no longer respects the US.

Trump has no economic policy, LOL. Get out of dreamland. The guy doesn’t even work.