Page 533 of 968 FirstFirst ... 519529531532533534535537547 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If people really cared, we could refuse to buy from countries that don't adhere to our labor laws. But we don't care. Or at least, we care more about paying $5.00 for a dvd 80s fun movie pack, instead of $7.50.
    I’ve been preaching this for years. If you don’t like a company’s practices, don’t give them money. It’s time for bottom up Communism.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Wait a tic, are you even in the states?
    Not at the moment, but I pay US income tax. Probably should have clarified that earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Whatever. That doesn't really matter.

If people really cared, we could refuse to buy from countries that don't adhere to our labor laws. But we don't care. Or at least, we care more about paying $5.00 for a dvd 80s fun movie pack, instead of $7.50.
    DVD in 2018? Use the tax savings to get the 4K HDR fun movie pack. No need to live like a peasant.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    So the Republicans are going to borrow 1 trillion dollars next year, way up from Obama’s last (because of tax cuts for the rich)

I thought that was the party of fiscal responsibility

Oh wait, no, just racism
    Literally every Republican administration does this shit. They cry about the debt and then they get into power and it's all tax cuts and military spending. Economic conservatism never comes into play.

And then a democrat gets elected and they go back to pretending to give a shit. Who's falling for this BS anymore?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Who's falling for this BS anymore?
    (look up)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I’ve been preaching this for years. If you don’t like a company’s practices, don’t give them money. It’s time for bottom up Communism.
    Americans are weak. We have people here that can't even resist fucking chicken sandwiches and waffle fries. And thats here, fairly intelligent people. The general populous is a bunch of weak assholes that does what it feels like and then rationalizes it later to absolve themselves of guilt.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Literally every Republican administration does this shit. They cry about the debt and then they get into power and it's all tax cuts and military spending. Economic conservatism never comes into play.

And then a democrat gets elected and they go back to pretending to give a shit. Who's falling for this BS anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    (look up)
    No, I’m perfectly aware that neither party gives a rosy red fuck about the national debt. That fight is over, and we lost. Anyone in the GOP making a stink over it is either full of shit, or Rand Paul.

Meanwhile, Dems going from accepting cash raised by Harvey Weinstein and friends to being The Official Party of #MeToo is pretty disingenuous, as well. Stop pretending both sides aren’t shitty.

8. "What about Weinstein?" Why is Weinstein anybody's fault but his own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. I love how many political commercials there are slinging non-political products.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. That Tmobile commercial had no reason to be a Tmobile commercial.
    I really dont appreciate certain music being whored out for commercials either.