Page 361 of 968 FirstFirst ... 347357359360361362363365375 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

The discussion is about the state vs the individual. The state is ok if it puts the needs of inviduals first. It is not ok if it puts itself above all else. Increasing its size or income does not automatically mean the end result is only to the benifit of the state.

2. That sounds sensible.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Bannon is gone now

Na na na na na

Na na na na na...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    And regulations are often to protect the individual, not the state. The state couldnt really give a shit about drinking water.
    lol. When we're lucky regulations protect the individual. More often than not they are to protect entrenched business operations or make busywork for government employees.

There was a period between, say, 1880 and 1935 where we probably did get a higher percentage of good regulation, because we were starting from a low point. But 1935 was a long time ago. Then there was a brief period in the early 1970s of solid environmental laws.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Bannon is gone now
    He brought bad optics to the Trump administration with his nazi larper type shit. I'm glad he's gone, just a huge distraction like Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    lol. When we're lucky regulations protect the individual. More often than not they are to protect entrenched business operations or make busywork for government employees.

There was a period between, say, 1880 and 1935 where we probably did get a higher percentage of good regulation, because we were starting from a low point. But 1935 was a long time ago. Then there was a brief period in the early 1970s of solid environmental laws.
    Hilariously it's usually corporate employees that complain the most about them, not realizing that a complete deregulation would unleash a flood gate of competition that was only held back by the high start up cost to meet the demands of state and fed regs.

Do you know why we don't have any new car brands? No one else can afford to meet the regs to get those first cars out.

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Na na na na na

Na na na na na...
    Trump has almost drained his own swamp

And then filled it up again and drained it again

He's good at that, and pretty much nothing else

If he doesn't get the results he wants, it's obviously the people under him and they can be replaced. The mind of an American CEO!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Hilariously it's usually corporate employees that complain the most about them, not realizing that a complete deregulation would unleash a flood gate of competition that was only held back by the high start up cost to meet the demands of state and fed regs.

Do you know why we don't have any new car brands? No one else can afford to meet the regs to get those first cars out.
    Thank you for making my argument for me.