Page 523 of 968 FirstFirst ... 509519521522523524525527537 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I bet he's a real peach right now

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    So... Trump and GOP are Nazis and Dems are blameless? Does that about sum up the shutdown?
    Trump ended DACA specifically to hold young law abiding American residents who had done nothing wrong as political hostages to negotiate funding for his stupid wall that he said Mexico would pay for. It didn't go well.

I don't like the obstructionist Mitch McConnell playbook here, and I think the shutdown is shitty. I think Dems share some blame for that, but I think it's important to keep in mind that the ENTIRE reason they are in this situation is because someone who is very bad at politics was trying to play games with people's lives.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    word on the street is that during the shut down, he can only use airforce one to do his job, not go to fun stuff or his own properties.

We'll see how long he likes having to pay to fly out to his resorts again.
    He can just sell a two-second handshake photo op with some ludicrously rich jackass at Mar-a-Lago or whatever and have the flight paid for in triplicate. Even when he "pays for his stuff," he's not paying for his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    wonka
    I listen to this song at least once a week. I've wanted to cover it since the 90's but there is no arrangement I can come up with that isn't either overdone or just the Ramones. Neither work.

5. Ramones would be ok tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

You'd think so, but there is a lot of melody going on thats not carried by the voice and is pretty difficult to translate to punk chords.

7. Huckabee Sanders said it's up to the Democrats when the government will open again. Lol. There are two bipartisan bills sitting on the president's desk. Fuck you.

Nah, fuck this. Why even pay attention anymore? Does paying attention do you any good?

Maybe it's like the people that watch a TV show they don't like just to complain about it?

9. Because paying attention is the only form of control I have over something horrifying and the thought of yielding it up makes it hard to breathe.

You have no control, I think it's important to really understand that and then you can move on.