Page 516 of 968 FirstFirst ... 502512514515516517518520530 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I can't imagine any CEO wanting to try to attract Norwegians, who are used to a crazy amount of social benefits and vacation time.

2. Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah), a daughter of Haitian immigrants, hits it straight on with her statement. Yes, Trump's comment was unkind, divisive, & elitist. Sure seems racist, also. So much for a President who promised as a candidate to be a "champion" of Haitian-Americans.

Duke's strong endorsement of him should've been a red flag to more voters. Duke slammed Cuban-American candidates Marco Rubio & Ted Cruz, saying that voting for them in lieu of Trump is "treason to your heritage". Trump claimed to disavow that February 2016 endorsement, and even later on tried to act like he didn't know about Duke. Shenanigans called.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I can't imagine any CEO wanting to try to attract Norwegians, who are used to a crazy amount of social benefits and vacation time.
    I'd be impressed if they knew the social benefits and mandatory vacation time of any country, maybe even their own.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Everybody is racist to some extent, though.
    Everybody has their biases, be they racial or otherwise. Not everyone considers those biases valid beliefs, and certainly very few are in a position to codify them into racist policy.

Sure, there's often a (sometimes misguided) obsession to "out" people as racist as if it's a disease one either has or doesn't have, but that's simply not the case here. This is a guy talking to lawmakers about instituting protections specifically for immigrants that grew up here and have no criminal record, and he's saying he's trying to prevent them because he feels their country of origin makes them unworthy. That's meaningfully fucked up and deserving of outrage. It isn't hand-wringing about political correctness, it's real shit that's ruining lives.

There's a line where people go from being racist to doing racist things, and Trump is crossing it here. LBJ, by many accounts, was pretty racist, but history gives him a pass on that because he signed the Civil Rights Act, and he didn't let whatever racist biases he had dictate his policy. We could probably grant Trump that same courtesy if he had that same sense, but he simply doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I still have yet to see a "racist policy" come to fruition since he took office.
    This is literally in the context of a conversation about how to clean up the mess he left by ending DACA. Which granted, affects people of many races, but was a decision surely designed with the knowledge or intention that most affected would be non-white. His assertion that rebuilding it should exclude [list`of non-white countries] and include [overwhelmingly white country] more or less affirms that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    He probably is a racist, but I'm not sure this is so much an malicious statement as it is ignorant.
    Isn't racism usually motivated by ignorance rather than malice?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 12 Jan 2018 at 10:49 PM.

5. Probably motivated by both. We don’t have to put limits on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Okay, let's go with that then. I'm willing to concede the impossible--knowing a man's heart.
    Remove Trump from the equation for a second. What are the common themes underlying these actions?

1) Ban Muslim’s
    2) Let’s not be too quick to denounce white supremacy
    3) Calling countries are home to mainly brown people shit holes.

It’s actually very easy to know a man’s heart by the actions he endorses. One of the most biblical truisms in all of conventional wisdom.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 13 Jan 2018 at 11:05 AM.

6. https://www.inquisitr.com/4734347/tr...lfing-instead/

This can’t be right, that’s three months

7. It’s right.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    1) Ban Muslim’s
    Ban Muslim's what?

jk, jk

he's racist
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. It’s fucking crazy Canada produced Drewbacca, it’s like he was born to balance out a dignified, modest, and fair country.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

10. But we already have the french for that.