Page 611 of 968 FirstFirst ... 597607609610611612613615625 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Yea I shouldn’t have said Good Guy. I just think that it was obvious that NK wasn’t going to do anything. Why would they spend all these resources just to give everything away?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I just think that it was obvious that NK wasn’t going to do anything.
    I mean, it was at the back of my mind. I'm trying to be a *little* more optimistic/positive and from that standpoint, the prospect of getting NoKo into the global picture outweighed it being achieved by a garbage human. (Note that "trying" part. I'm totally not succeeding.)

3. Why Trump canned the meeting.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. The tech tree. Somebody playin' too much videja.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I’ve been catching up on Vice, and just finished the episode dealing with Trump defunding a bunch of aid to the world and Uganda in particular. One of the people interviewed has had Aids for 12 years and depended on US supplied ARVs to keep that in check. Meanwhile, she’s a prostitute.

It’s stuff like this that pushes me back toward the Yoshi side of things. Why am I supposed to feel bad because my tax dollars arent being spent in Uganda? Doesn’t Uganda have a government? If the US is telling countries that need to have abortions that they can’t and that makes the US so awful- then why isn’t the rest of the world stepping in and helping them instead. Tell the US to fuck off and figure out a better way to care for and protect your people.
    I can’t find a lot of sympathy for someone that has Aids knowingly exposing multiple people to it a day.

6. Political activists in Africa have been saying the same thing for decades. They don't need foreign aid, they need stability that can only exist when foreign powers cease their ham-fisted meddling. It's all about keeping the Russians and Chinese out of Africa's oil and mineral reserves.

7. Did you see Empire of Dust?

Also Trump’s cancellation letter was a reaction from Nork’s statement.

But I guess it’s back on, maybe?

We are witnessing the ballet of inter-dimensional chess in rare form, lad.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can’t find a lot of sympathy for someone that has Aids knowingly exposing multiple people to it a day.
    Are we talking about someone who just loves whorin', or someone who, for a host of reasons several orders of magnitude beyond their control, can't put food on the table any other way? In the former case, sure, condemn away; in the latter, it's all well and good to say she should willingly starve to death (and allow her children to, if she has any) rather than spread the disease any further, but let's be real, not one person reading this would make that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. What if he drugs cost more than the food needed to feed them? It would be more cost effective to feed the prostitutes and get them off the streets than it would be to treat hundreds more for HIV.

10. The truth is it doesn’t really matter if someone’s a druggy and gave up on life or they’re a person that failed due to no fault of their own — they need to exist somewhere. It’s MUCH better for everyone if that’s a warm apartment with a handful of food stamps. The alternative is on the street or crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."