Page 559 of 968 FirstFirst ... 545555557558559560561563573 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

This conversation is pointless, because as I said, it all really just comes down to people's personal biases. It has nothing to do with the data or reality.

The abortion debate is the same. The data all but shows it drives down crime. And who is to say when life starts. BUT GOSH DARN IT, I FEEL A CERTAIN WAY ABOUT IT.

I guess I'll sneak back to my political island of being progun, prolbgt, proabortion, prodrug. Everyone should visit, we have the best weddings.

2. My point is precedent was set long ago to protect the rights of the minority vs. maintaining the rights of the majority. Again, it's kind of why government exists.

IF the world worked in such a fashion that people like me could argue "let's get rid of semi automatic weapons, they're too dangerous" and everyone got on board and your hillbilly cousins and my wannabe tough guy city cousins could have their rifles and revolvers and everyone may not be happy, but as least only a little sad, then that'd be great.

BUT since it doesn't work that way and you have to shoot for the moon when you really only want to move across the street, here we are.
    We're never going to see an across the board ban on guns. Everyone knows this, but in order to get the machine to give an inch you need to press for a mile.

that just polarizes the other side.

And sometimes you get what you ask for. Take abortion in Mississippi for example. They've all but made it impossible to get in that state.

4. So you're saying the abortion restrictions in MS worked?

5. They only do pre-orders now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. The other side is polarized regardless. That’s why you have to go to extremes in order to get a little change.
    Victims of random mass shootings are just sob stories after all.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    So you're saying the abortion restrictions in MS worked?
    not really? You can always drive out of state. Or use a coat hanger.

Victims of random mass shootings are just sob stories after all.
    Little Andrew jab there, I see.

They aren't sob stories. but we shouldn't set policy based on what people that have suffered trauma want. I don't want people that have witnessed a gun murder deciding gun law anymore than I want someone that has been around or has been raped to decide laws around rape or other sexual misconduct.

The other side is polarized regardless. That’s why you have to go to extremes in order to get a little change.
    Also, this is crazy wacko thinking. This is how every political or religious mass shooter felt. Or how every terrorist has felt. Hell, its probably what those german soldiers told themselves as they were loading those rail cars up with jews "we have to go to the extremes, its the only way to get a little change!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    They aren't sob stories. but we shouldn't set policy based on what people that have suffered trauma want. I don't want people that have witnessed a gun murder deciding gun law anymore than I want someone that has been around or has been raped to decide laws around rape or other sexual misconduct.
    Enthusiastically marginalizing victims of the thing being legislated is a pretty bad take.