Page 964 of 968 FirstFirst ... 950960962963964965966 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    AI feel bad for the citizens of places like Portland - I'd be looking to move ASAP if I lived there.
    The protest area is like 2 blocks. No one who lives here gives a fuck about it.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Exactly, Trump wants you to think America's cities have descended into anarchy. They haven't. The protests were almost gone when they sent in troops and they'll been gone soon now that they're leaving.

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I thought one bad apple spoiled the bunch, no? Does that rule only apply to the away team?

Also R.I.P. Herman Cain. And Trump tweet about delaying the election should get him impeached.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I'd imagine you'd feel that way until it was YOUR property, person, or livelihood that was being fucked up.
    100% accurate. I wouldn’t be an impartial 3rd party at that point. Police still need reform. And American democracy in 2020 needs a flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I thought one bad apple spoiled the bunch, no? Does that rule only apply to the away team?
    I would say that rule largely doesn’t even apply to apples. It’s a gibberish nonsense saying.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 31 Jul 2020 at 12:37 AM.

5. Science is not on your side, friend.

Apples, and other fruits, emit a ripening agent, and when placed together, they do indeed spoil the others.
    Looks like one bad cop makes All Cops Bastards and one bad block makes All Portland Bastards.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Science is not on your side, friend.

Looks like one bad cop makes All Cops Bastards and one bad block makes All Portland Bastards.
    One bad cop doesn't make all cops bastards. All cops being bastards makes all cops bastards. When institutions are rotten, so are the people that make them up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    One bad cop doesn't make all cops bastards. All cops being bastards makes all cops bastards. When institutions are rotten, so are the people that make them up.
    So, all cops are bastards? This is what makes the left seem completely out to lunch and you clearly have no friends that are police officers. What a ridiculous thing to say.

what does the word complicit mean?

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    So, all cops are bastards? This is what makes the left seem completely out to lunch and you clearly have no friends that are police officers. What a ridiculous thing to say.
    I think a lot of cops go into the force with good intentions, and some of them even hold on to those good intentions for a while. Alex Kueng joined the police force claiming he wanted to help the community and heal the racial divide. He held George Floyd down while Derek Chauvin murdered him. So he's not a good fucking cop, now is he?

Overwhelmingly, good cops are only good up until they have to choose between helping the bad cops and doing what's right. Police protect each other. The thin blue line, the wall of silence, the unions. They work to protect the "bad apples," and that makes them bad too.

And it creates an environment where more cops go bad. It normalizes bad behavior. It otherizes people outside of the system. As long as the system works this way, you can't get rid of the "bad apples," because the system turns them bad. That's what I mean when I say it's all of them.

Further reading:
    https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confess...p-bb14d17bc759
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 Aug 2020 at 05:11 PM.

10. Confessions from a bastard cop who says all cops are bastards and white people suck? "Unarmed Black, indigenous, and people of color are being killed by cops in the streets " and cops are "white supremacists"?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Look at the demographics of police men and women in large cities like NYC and LA and get back to me. 47% of NYPD is minorities. LAPD? 34% White. Chicago? 50% White. It's a farce.

USA Today: "As of the June 22 update, the Washington Post’s database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019."

I'm sick to death of this narrative and Leftist nonsense that labels entire swaths of people - something that Democrats are supposed to be against - until your opinion doesn't line up with whatever their latest target is. The hypocrisy and division drives me absolutely nuts.

I'd rather read stuff like https://www.facebook.com/GoodCopStories/

People starting at $40K in a shit job that everyone is crapping on because they're "bastards" or bound to become one. I'll pass on future conversation about this because we're not going to find any middle ground here. I think your position is dead wrong - which isn't to say that things can't be improved, training can't be expanded, community interaction amplified, etc... It's a thankless job that we might not even need to "defund" in the near future because nobody will want to do it anymore anyway.