Page 664 of 968 FirstFirst ... 650660662663664665666668678 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Why does one have to wait to be in need of said pill to get said pill? Do they have a 24 hour half life? Why can't a guy or girl keep a pill in the wallet or purse the way most people keep a condom there?

And I understand it's not a 100% problem solver, but if I've got an 89% chance of stopping conception from happening-that's pretty good odds. We can still fight to help that other 11%. I'm not saying don't. But a lot of this looks to be more liberal whining about an issue and little of anything being done to curb the issue.

Why can't the pill be handed out like condoms? Bitching about stuffy old white dudes isn't going to stop stuffy old white dudes. Ever. So instead of banging your head against that wall, why not step around it- is what I'm asking.

Again, a few years ago when we were discussing pro life vs pro choice, the overwhelming majority of pro choice people stated they weren't pro abortion, the were pro people not having to have babies they didn't want.
    Here's a thing that helps reduce it. It doesn't end a life, it stops it from even beginning. So no one has a leg to stand on to bitch about it on the fundamentalist side.

Now if you want to argue "it's not really about stopping abortions, it's really about keeping our daughter's vaginas dick free," well, I don't have an answer to that. Maybe do more to expose that for what it really is.

I'm fully pro-abortion, btw. Forced abortions even.

But at random. Dispassionate, fair. The rich and poor alike.

4. The pill is a last resort kind of thing that should be available, but not relied on. I hear it’s a real pain for the woman, but obviously better than the alternative.

I know people who have gotten pregnant while on birth control pills because they didn’t know that it can be influenced by other meds.

Honestly if you got men to wear condoms and pull out you’d be fine. But you’ve got to rely on women to handle their own bodies.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Now if you want to argue "it's not really about stopping abortions, it's really about keeping our daughter's vaginas dick free," well, I don't have an answer to that. Maybe do more to expose that for what it really is.
    It absolutely is about this and we absolutely have tried to expose it as such. Remember how long the Hobby Lobby ruling occupied the news? Being antichoice and anti morning after pill are only compatible if "keep the dicks out" is your real position.

And there are efforts to make the morning after pill available. This is part of why everyone is rip shit about defunding and flat out attacking Planned Parenthood: the morning after pill is among the contraceptive services that comprise the vast majority of what PP does. The states making abortion difficult to get are the ones keeping the morning after pill out of Target pharmacies.

What do you mean? You mean pumping massive levels of hormones into your system isn’t good for you?

7. Gross! Don’t be a transphobe.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Don’t misphobia me, you literal shitlord.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Maybe someone needs to develop some sort of hormone or sexual urge desiring blocker so people that refuse to allow abortion can just put their own kids on that.

Don't like for horny 16 year olds to get abortions? Just give them Hornaway. Problem solved.

Of course this same group probably thinks all medication is unnatural. The only thing they think is natural is the fantasy they have of teenagers abstaining which they themselves probably did not do.
    Is this where we are now? Proposing the plots of 1960s dystopian future sci-fi novels as solutions to our problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What do you mean? You mean pumping massive levels of hormones into your system isn’t good for you?
    I don't know why but this made me laugh more then it should.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL