Page 706 of 968 FirstFirst ... 692702704705706707708710720 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Oh man, I get all the secondhand MTG tea because my husband is really into the community stuff. I think the biggest MagicGate is that one youtuber who would call women whores and was just a general edgelord got banned off youtube, but then Wizards of the Coast banned him from playing in any official games or online or anything. Wizards has been moving toward pro-diversity/pro-women/LGBTQIA and there's a subset of players who still think that gatekeeping is cool and for some reason cards printed with dragons and wizards on them are only meant for men.
    The youtuber threw a megafit, and a bunch of people were like "reeeeee, wizards is anti free speech" but of course they don't QUIT THE GAME, they just whine a whole bunch and generally make it awkward for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    The funny part is that the -Gate suffix stems from the Watergate stuff. Yet, what the various -Gaters do is gatekeeping, so it's apt even without the historical context!

EDIT: There's Magicgate, too. The dude who runs a local comic shop and officiated two of my friends weddings punched a Magicgater for talking shit at some recent convention.
    Oh god some of these fucking people have way too much god damn freetime. First world fucking problems...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    LGBTQIA
    IA?
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Intersex & Asexual

Identitarianism will Balkanize this nation, and that’s a good thing.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. If people are going to be stuffed (or stuff themselves) into boxes, then more boxes to choose from is best.

And it's not like these identities haven't existed before now, it's just that now we know they're here and are trying to make space for them in the world.
    Last edited by James; 17 Sep 2018 at 01:37 AM.

6. It’s just sports and picking teams, which is fine until you start fighting over who can be on your team and making your first judgment of others the checkbox they are not on your team.

This was fun.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    retardation
    You literal ableist shitlord.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I think the biggest MagicGate is that one youtuber who would call women whores and was just a general edgelord got banned off youtube
    That's the guy who got himself assaulted. The best part is that after he got banned (from Magic tournaments too, I believe) he tried to get Gamergate dicks to support him and he was too much of a shitbag even for them.

The part that really gets me is that when you hit -Gaters with "why" to all the dumb justifications, for the ones you can't get to openly admit they just don't like women/brown people, it boils down to things not being historically accurate. Aside from that being ridiculously nearsighted, they're saying that they want their dragons and superpowers and other stuff that has never existed to be historically accurate.

Maybe they aren't intelligent or self critical to know why?

Like, I can tell you why I think booby girls are fine in games and comics. Same for title armor and other shit. I like women. I like to look at them. I like boobs. And butts. If I have to look at a button from a 3rd person perspective for 50+ hours, I'd like for it to be a nice one.

I feel like people that are critical of this, some of them are really just prudes, cooping social progress narratives as a tool to shame and control the sexual desires of straight men and gay women.

But the gaters can't be honest. Either out of ignorance or self loathing.. the self loathing causes them to protect their boys club at all costs because it's the only thing that gives them a feeling of worth and they lack the self esteem to come out and say they like sexual material in their entertainment.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    That's the guy who got himself assaulted. The best part is that after he got banned (from Magic tournaments too, I believe) he tried to get Gamergate dicks to support him and he was too much of a shitbag even for them.

The part that really gets me is that when you hit -Gaters with "why" to all the dumb justifications, for the ones you can't get to openly admit they just don't like women/brown people, it boils down to things not being historically accurate. Aside from that being ridiculously nearsighted, they're saying that they want their dragons and superpowers and other stuff that has never existed to be historically accurate.
    I particularly enjoyed when they were trying to hack the Hugo awards, bellyaching to get social commentary out of their gatdang science fiction.

Like, what? Thinly-veiled social allegory is almost the genre's entire point.