Page 929 of 968 FirstFirst ... 915925927928929930931933943 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,290 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

They're real enough for anyone on this forum.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Get rid of qualified immunity.
    Make them have malpractice insurance.
    Make training 2 years+
    Develop additional branches of the police to handle issues that do not require force.
    Get rid of no uniform, no warrant, no knock home arrests.
    Get rid of the IQ cap for new cops (most places have it only slightly above where the military wont admit you)
    Have 4 and 6 year contracts.
    Put additional scrutiny on the purchase of military gear.

Asking why anyone would want to be a cop if they had to meet standards is like asking why anyone would want to be a doctor. A doctor can lose his liscence for writing too much back pain meds but for some reason we dont want to hold people accountable for putting a flash bang in a crib with a baby.
    I like some of your ideas but the Doctor/Cop comparison is patently awful and not remotely similar. Whether that's about $, job risk, public perception, or just about anything else. There are reasons there are resignations en masse.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    What's even hard about this stuff?

Your neighbor could be selling cocaine. The police secretary could write a digit wrong and instead of the neighbor, they come to your house. They kick in the door at 3 am. They are Jean's and a tshirt. They see your gf or wife by a broom. They hear a dog bark. They get scared and murder everyone in the house.

Your family cant do anything. You're just dead. Your gf, your wife kids, dogs, dead. It never goes anywhere. Those guys keep their jobs.

That is where we are today. Your whole family can die because someone reads a 1 like a 7.

Why does anyone defend this?
    Who, exactly, is defending specific incidents like this?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That’s cool, but can you tell me if Nikki’s titties are fake?

All I know is if it wasn't for Covid19, 6ix9ine would still be in Prison.

So in some ways we should thank that guy in China who ate that bat for all this footage of Nicki.
    Last edited by Opaque; 15 Jun 2020 at 10:14 AM.

5. Being a cop is not a dangerous job, statistically, and the numbers of cops who die "in the line of duty" include deaths from traffic accidents (most common) and heart attacks and such. It's not even in the top 20. But the culture of police work is built on a belief that it is.

6. Delivering pizza in the wrong city is more dangerous than being a cop, but we don't have parades when the pizza guy gets shot.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Who, exactly, is defending specific incidents like this?
    The Louisville PD and AG who have still not fired or charged the police that shot Breonna Taylor.

I recall an incident in my old neighborhood where undercover cops sitting in an unmarked car saw a teenager running from a fight past the car, unaware of any cops, and they hopped out and shot him in the spine, paralyzing him for life. They didn't get fired, didn't get charged.

If you mean "defending" as in "saying they're good," no one thinks this is good, but they are protecting and enabling the people that do this.

That's why the slogan is "Matter." It's about consequences, or the lack there of, when cops shoot black people. It's not enough to just say this is bad, there needs to be justice.

It's why "Blue Lives Matter" is so ridiculous. There are always consequences for people that kill cops. It's like saying "Rich people need to eat too." Like, yeah, technically true, but they're the last people who are going to have trouble with that.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 15 Jun 2020 at 11:55 AM.

Cops spend 90% of the work day not solving crime.
    Cops also seize more property than is lost to burglary each year.

Some towns make a great deal of money by seizing money intend for buying used cars and trailers.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Cops spend 90% of the work day not solving crime.
    Yup. And they wait until the last 30 minutes of their shift to do the bad shit so they get paid overtime to sit around and fill out the paperwork.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Being a cop is not a dangerous job, statistically, and the numbers of cops who die "in the line of duty" include deaths from traffic accidents (most common) and heart attacks and such. It's not even in the top 20. But the culture of police work is built on a belief that it is.
    Most of those "dangerous" job are based on fatalities per x/workers and all of the articles that I looked over had police in the 12-18 range but there's quite a difference between being a cop in Cody, WY and St. Louis, MO. Furthermore, these "dangerous" polls aren't considering the likelihood of encountering violence when on the job (where being a nurse is actually the most dangerous, believe it or not). I'm not going to try to talk you into something if you don't believe that it's true. The cop job that I'm thinking of - the guy/girl in the squad car pulling people over, responding to domestic violence and violent crimes 911 calls, undercover narcotics, street beats, etc... is among the most dangerous and violent jobs in the country. If you add bean counters, parking ticket meter cops, beach cops, etc... then that'll water down those numbers. You're entitled to your opinion, of course.