Page 767 of 968 FirstFirst ... 753763765766767768769771781 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Spraying the place's walls & carpet with some Febreze might do the trick. How much would it take? Well, a shitload. About 120 megaliters I guess.

And what if we had a border wall? It may well be too high for most to get above, but there'd be those who still try to pass it, most probably by digging beneath. Not like that's anything new. Trump needs to can the wall & think of something else, like a stronger CBP presence. The money he wants to put towards it could be better used to police the border with more agents & technology.

https://www.newsweek.com/mexico-us-b...-train-1162022
    https://www.newsweek.com/border-wall...mexico-1128900
    Wrong game entirely. Pretending illegal immigration is a major problem is letting Trump choose the battleground. There's a point where money spent is greater than anything gained and we're past that point a long, long time ago.

2. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

"...children in question were very sick before they were given over to Border Patrol. The father of the young girl said it was not their fault, he hadn’t given her water in days. Border Patrol needs the Wall and it will all end. They are working so hard & getting so little credit!"

This is going to sound cold as fuck but it's really not the job of the United States to help these people. As humanitarians I agree something should be done but laying the blame on Trump is stupid when this problem existed since Bill Clinton was in charge. It's only now gotten people up in arms because it's Trump.

There really is nothing to pretend about illegal immigration when it's something a lot of people are ignoring or pretending doesn't matter. While the United States is a big country, We can't save everyone as much as I'd like to.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. See here's a problem right there, you're conflating illegal immigration with these children that died recently. They did not come here illegally, they came to apply for asylum which is their right that the US offers. They did not need to be imprisoned and mistreated. Historically when families applied for asylum a court date to review their application would be set and they would be allowed in the US until their court date, not imprisoned for daring to try to escape their terrible circumstances.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    See here's a problem right there, you're conflating illegal immigration with these children that died recently.
    No I'm not.

It's just as simple as the question is what do you think we should do as a country?

What possible solution could you offer to resolve this problem that's existed since before Bill Clinton was our president?

Also while I feel bad these kids died, I can't but think of what brought to them to their deaths. Innocent lives are lost around here and more in the world all the time. The United States is one of the most protected countries in the world so we don't get crime like a lot of the 3rd world or even a chunk of Europe doesn't get.

My heart feels for the pointless loss of life but the United States isn't here to police the world so much anymore when we have our own fair share of problems here as it is.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 31 Dec 2018 at 05:32 PM.

5. I started to type and then decided I don’t even want to start. You just be happy being wrong and not caring about people, articulating a long list of the problems with what you said that you won’t even listen to isn’t worth my time.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    This is going to sound cold as fuck but it's really not the job of the United States to help these people. As humanitarians I agree something should be done but laying the blame on Trump is stupid when this problem existed since Bill Clinton was in charge. It's only now gotten people up in arms because it's Trump.

There really is nothing to pretend about illegal immigration when it's something a lot of people are ignoring or pretending doesn't matter. While the United States is a big country, We can't save everyone as much as I'd like to.
    Trump stands apart from other presidents in that he's very nakedly trying to exacerbate immigration problems and foment tensions, not solve or lessen them. It couldn't be more blatant that "use immigration as a prop to stir up nationalistic paranoia" is bullet point #1 in his playbook, and "try to find a positive solution that works for the maximum amount of people" is so secondary that it's not even scribbled in the margins towards the back.

Historically, even most people that advocated tightening the borders would have conceded that a lot of illegal immigration owes to bottlenecking in the citizenship process, which clearly offers a ridiculously small number of open spots relative to the number of people seeking citizenship and a burdensome, bureaucracy-filled process for even the 'lucky' ones. If those illegal immigrants came as legal immigrants, these folks contended, they'd have much less of a problem with them, and they at least paid lip service towards providing a wider avenue towards legal immigration as part of their solution.

Trump's thrown that out. Not only is he cracking down on illegal immigration, he's also squeezing people out of legal immigration. He just wants a magic "off" switch, his endgame clearly doesn't involve making the state of immigration better for anyone but people that don't like immigrants. Or the nebulous concept of them, in many cases.

And that whole "We don't have room for them" is horse puckey. Our nation is heavily pockmarked with small towns that the rural folk have abandoned or run into the ground, nevermind the vast stretches of undeveloped land that surround those places for miles. There's a good number of immigrant communities that have set down boots in these sorts of towns and revitalized them, not destroyed them.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 31 Dec 2018 at 05:56 PM.

7. I think it IS the job of the United States "to help these people". We have caused a horrific amount of instability in Central/South America, chickens are coming home to roost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I started to type and then decided I don’t even want to start. You just be happy being wrong and not caring about people, articulating a long list of the problems with what you said that you won’t even listen to isn’t worth my time.
    So is it wrong to ask what possible solution could be done to resolve all this?

Do you have an answer that could prevent these kind of tragedies from happening?

Is there really a simple answer to this other then you're telling me I'm wrong?

@Bacon, Bill Clinton and Obama were cracking down on illegal immigration also yet nobody cared enough to make an issue about it until now. If we're going down the history route then I hope something can be learned from what's been happening for all these many years. Obviously nothing has worked in all this time so I don't know what to tell you.

I see the complaints from all of you but I don't see any solutions.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 31 Dec 2018 at 06:15 PM.

9. That's basically U.S. foreign policy. We step all over the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Latin America for our own purposes, but when anyone talks about us fixing the mess we helped make, we're all

I think the answer is to stop fucking with other countries for our own benefit with no regard for theirs.