Page 617 of 968 FirstFirst ... 603613615616617618619621631 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Trump has big balls, I'll give him that.
    Does he though? He's tweeting after he leaves the summit to talk shit. He doesn't fire people to their face. He dodges from the Press. He actually seems very cowardly, in all honesty.

2. Exactly. In the company of anyone he claims to have problems with, he puts on a conciliatory front like he's their pal far more often than he actually confronts and challenges them. All his famous shit-talking comes behind peoples' back.

He's got big balls in precisely the same way that internet trolls have big balls, it's why he's their hero figure.

The same thing's gonna happen with this NK conference, at the actual meeting he'll get along fine and act like Kim's his bestie and everyone will fawn over how well it went, until a few hours later he goes on Twitter and bitches and moans about some little passing slight that he fixated on and brings any progress made into negative yardage. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    The same thing's gonna happen with this NK conference, at the actual meeting he'll get along fine and act like Kim's his bestie and everyone will fawn over how well it went, until a few hours later he goes on Twitter and bitches and moans about some little passing slight that he fixated on and brings any progress made into negative yardage. Book it.
    I can't shake the worry that he may try such a thing. After his post-G7 Twitter jackassery, it's not easy to trust him. He gets off on pushing people around.
    Sure hope the higher stakes at the NK 6/12 summit will sober him up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I’m pretty sure I’m not standing for these anymore. Not for a few years anyway.
    Even understanding and agreeing with the protest I was still standing for my own reasons. If asked, though, I'd take a knee. I don't have anything against it and I don't view any kind of protest as un-American or disrespectful.

My father, Vietnam veteran, who came home to people calling him a baby killer (he didn't even go over until later, lol) knelt on Memorial Day. When a dude challenged him, my dad calmly stated that he didn't drag his dead friends out of tunnels in Vietnam for Americans to be told they can't express themselves. Other dude was a Vietnam vet, too. They compared troop numbers and all that other stuff I'll never understand because I'm such a pussy. They shook hands, agreed they felt differently, and that was that.

I shudder to imagine that exchange between a non-server skycloth worshiper and a BLM protester.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    He's got big balls in precisely the same way that internet trolls have big balls, it's why he's their hero figure.
    Yup. Outside of my close buddies and you fuckers here, I've been troll-free for almost two years now. They've polluted a formerly noble cause so that it is the same thing as bullying now. (monotone) Oh, I see you posted a meme. How funny and insightful. (/monotone) Blocked.

The whole take a knee thing and the right's reaction to it, acts almost like a picture book of everything wrong with the right.

Only a bunch of spoiled old white people could take a peaceful protest and make it about themselves.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The whole take a knee thing and the right's reaction to it, acts almost like a picture book of everything wrong with the right.

Only a bunch of spoiled old white people could take a peaceful protest and make it about themselves.
    Yup. Such immaturity.

Conservatives: "They're disrespecting the flag and the troops!"
    Sane People: "They've literally said that isn't what the protest is about."
    Conservatives: "Yeah but I interpret it that way! It's offensive!"
    Sane People: "Because you're choosing to view it as offensive. They've explicitly indicated the protest was not designed around being disrespectful."
    Conservaties: "Fuckin' libtard snowflakes." *pepe meme about being offended*

Like just indicate up front that you don't want to discuss the manner in a rational way. If it's going to be a meme-off, just start with that so we don't have to try talking logic to you and you can just circle-jerk to image macros of Hillary or whatever.

8. The right really need to stop vying for victim status. A main tenant of conservatism is natural selection and to let nature take its course.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Yup. Such immaturity.

Conservatives: "They're disrespecting the flag and the troops!"
    Sane People: "They've literally said that isn't what the protest is about."
    Conservatives: "Yeah but I interpret it that way! It's offensive!"
    Sane People: "Because you're choosing to view it as offensive. They've explicitly indicated the protest was not designed around being disrespectful."
    Conservaties: "Fuckin' libtard snowflakes." *pepe meme about being offended*

Like just indicate up front that you don't want to discuss the manner in a rational way. If it's going to be a meme-off, just start with that so we don't have to try talking logic to you and you can just circle-jerk to image macros of Hillary or whatever.
    They're just warping the narrative to match their feelings. They felt threatened and angered so they just made some shit up so they could express that.

And maybe racist. Some of these people are probably racist.