Page 645 of 968 FirstFirst ... 631641643644645646647649659 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Hey so in addition to the GOP meeting with Russia, now we have Trump meeting with Putin one-on-one without aides

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis....-aides-present

I wonder what's happening there
    This isn't even the first time this has happened.

The vicious irony is that the exact people that will hand-wave away the bog-standard transparency of a third party recording and/or observing a meeting between major world leaders as nothing suspicious are the same people that root for a surveillance state and say "What's the problem, you have something to hide?"

Quote Originally Posted by ARBM
    They're a bad party. They're a bad, shitty party with absolutely no vision.
    Like I said earlier , the high road's a trap, respectability politics is a losing battle in the current climate. The electorate wants to see a gladiator match and the Dems are sending milquetoast philosophers.

That's not at all to say they need someone crass and lumbering to match the other side; They just need people that stop fucking pulling their punches in the name of civility and will cut hard and deep with the fact checks and insults these dunderheads keep leaving themselves wide open for. A quick wit that throws lingering soundbites and a bit of comedic sass right back at the face of slack-jawed Republican logic is the best weapon to make the public come around to how deeply stupid and uncool most conservative tenets are. Being careful not to step on toes, letting ridiculous statements and bold-faced lies just pass by with nothing but a haughty, dismissive laugh, and trusting the electorate to separate fact from fiction is a loser's game. It's a self-imposed handicap that the other side clearly isn't reciprocating.

Spell everything out for your audience and show them the blood of your enemy. Treat them like they're idiots that will furrow their neanderthal brows in confusion and disgust at a match that ends in a technical decision and not a clear knockout. Because, by and large, that's what they are.

3. Yeah that’s always the weirdest thing. We can believe in dumb ass shit like Pizzagate but things that are actually real and easy to deduce without nineteen leaps in logic...tumbleweeds

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Show me a good Democrat or Republican.
    I'll take whatever works, slut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Did they edit out the part where he advocated separating kids from their parents or treating legitimate asylum seekers as felons? I didn't see that part there.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    But when people are screaming Roe V Wade is going to be overturned by the end of the year, and gay marriage is on the chopping block, I'm like really? really?
    I'm not screaming it but they're definite realities now. People find loopholes around shit. I don't know if it'll be the "religious freedom" red herring or something else, but they'll formulate something with regard to gay marriage. I also don't doubt that some Roe v. Wade busters have been on hold because of 5-4, but will be loosed because of 6-3 now. As Cheeks is fond of saying, all the sportspolitik stuff is going to make them go nuts and push their agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Hey so in addition to the GOP meeting with Russia, now we have Trump meeting with Putin one-on-one without aides

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis....-aides-present

I wonder what's happening there
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	81320

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It could very well happen, yeah. It's what America has become, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Show me a good Democrat or Republican.
    The Dems don't need great candidates. They just need a viable alt to Trump who will actually run a campaign (Hilary didn't even campaign in half the states she lost). Bernie and Elizabeth "Pochahontas" Warren are the only other candidates I can even name right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Don’t fucking post that warren nickname bullshit, it’s honestly offensive as fuck.
    Last edited by bbobb; 05 Jul 2018 at 12:16 AM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. On NPR today, they said there were a record number of Native Americans running for office this year. And the two current Native Americans in congress are both Repulicans. Neither are Elizabeth Warren.

Today there are two native men in the United States House of Representatives, both Republicans from Oklahoma. (Elizabeth Warren, the senator from Massachusetts, has discussed having native heritage but is not enrolled in a tribe.)
    source
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Don’t fucking post that warren nickname bullshit, it’s honestly offensive as fuck.
    Yeah, it's an insult, it's supposed to be offensive.