Page 648 of 968 FirstFirst ... 634644646647648649650652662 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. He earned his hate. Obama & Trump received hate day 1.
    This is a bad comparison. Trump was the one who said, "I respect people who don't get captured". He's the one who didn't release his taxes. He's the one that railed on Obama birtherism before his presidency.

The equivalency is terrible.

2. Both presidents received hate day 1. That's a fact. Who deserved the hate and didn't is another subjective point altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. But one earned his hate just like Bush. The other didn't unless you're a dumbass who "both sides" everything and can't see everything in degrees.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Hahaha, excuse me? It works amazingly for them. Across 80% of America's land mass there are restaurants that leave their TVs locked on Fox News, markets where conservative talk radio owns the airwaves without any ounce of representation from a liberal counterpoint, and that's spreading to local TV with this Sinclair business. Even driving in rural-adjacent places, it's not rare to see a bunch of InfoWars and fairtax.org bumper stickers proudly displayed. I ain't never seen a Rachel Maddow bumper sticker, hell I don't think I've ever seen a Daily Show one.

But you're right that the right's shallow provocation techniques don't work for liberals. There was a 60 Minutes interview of one of the big alt-right figureheads that was seeding a bunch of targeted fake news during the election not too long ago; They asked him why he kept poking at the conservative beehive for his stories, and he very plainly stated that he tried planting liberal ones just as much at the start, and they just didn't take. There's some dumb liberals, but generally they're not that dumb, even if it's a story we really want to believe, we're a suspicious lot that will generally run a sniff test on that stuff. Liberal-targeted fake news certainly exists but people fact check it and shoot it down and it flickers out quickly, it doesn't hang around to keep snowballing and snowballing. Any liberal attempt at a bombastic conspiracy theory like Pizzagate or Birtherism would die on the vine immediately. Whereas you serve the right a fake news story potted in a soil that's clearly made of broken glass and dog feces, and as long as it's got their favorite trigger words in there, somehow the fruit of perpetual office e-mail chains, national media coverage, and mainstream Republican acknowledgement still springs wildly forth.

I mean, I think it works in the way that it creates a diversion that people latch onto, it creates personalities and media intrigue. The “liberal” media, say MSNBC, is 100% reactionary TO Fox News at this point. No need for a Rachel Maddow sticker when your network is a proxy for all the dumb shit Fox says. That’s what I mean isn’t working - it creates a vicious cycle of news - one network, which is owned by the same conglomerate as the other, attacking the original network and people are expected to choose sides. It’s the same message delivered by the same types of people, “other side is bad and here is why.” When I saw CNN drifting that way pre-election, it was so brazen and bullshit that I felt like I was in a carnival mirror: people actually watch this trash for “facts?”
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. CNN has been utterly bankrupt since the 'hologram incident'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Elizabeth "Pochahontas" Warren
    I guess he’s doing stand up now.

How many rallies has he done since he took office? How does that compare to other Presidents?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    But one earned his hate just like Bush. The other didn't unless you're a dumbass who "both sides" everything and can't see everything in degrees.
    No I think Obama was a great pres. His biggest mistake was not pulling the trigger on a new justice and not running to get stuff done while Democrats had most of the seats of power. He also didn’t start trade wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The “liberal” media, say MSNBC, is 100% reactionary TO Fox News at this point. No need for a Rachel Maddow sticker when your network is a proxy for all the dumb shit Fox says
    Then you don’t watch Maddow. I’ll agree that at times the network mentions Fox too much, but Maddow is not really in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Then you don’t watch Maddow.
    Wait. Do you?

I didn't know anyone under 60 watched that smug lady spew her crybaby shit.