Page 680 of 968 FirstFirst ... 666676678679680681682684694 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Trump has threatened to shut down the federal government over that stupid border wall & immigration reform. Not surprised at all that he'd resort to outright blackmail. If this sitch leads to a shutdown, the blame belongs to him. I don't blame anyone for refusing to cave.

I do not believe there isn't a way to make online voting secure enough. It may not be easy, but they just need to get up & start looking for it.
    Can he actually shut the government down?

And if he can, I wish all these assholes would sack up and just work for free.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If one kills us, it will be because it was trying to make some guy waffles and it somehow fucks up and releases a massive load of radioactive material into the atmosphere by mistake.
    You speak as if it isn’t highly probable this will happen
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I've gone beyond giving up the battle, I've given up as a whole. We're fucked as a county and as a species as a whole. We've wrecked the planet well past the point of no return for our long term survival already and AI that we've created will rise up in the not too distant future and wipe us off the planet and it'll be right to do it.
    Welcome to the group! On Wednesdays someone brings breakfast (and gets reimbursed). I'll have the secretary send you the updated schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Trump has threatened to shut down the federal government
    The President of the United States of America can just shut the federal government down. He has that power.

It shuts down all the time and here we are. Just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You speak as if it isn’t highly probable this will happen
    Its even more likely that we'll nuke ourselves off the earth by finally fucking one of our own nukes up and the military attacking Russia, then them attacking us and so on and so forth.

Its almost happened some 80 to 120 times now. And they can't fix the process because it becomes classified before the improvements can be rolled out to lower ranking personnel.

Who needs smart or buffoonish computers when we've got that?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Can he actually shut the government down?

And if he can, I wish all these assholes would sack up and just work for free.
    It's not like it would hurt them or anything. They're surely paid nice enough to suck it up for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander
    The President of the United States of America can just shut the federal government down. He has that power.
    A shame. One more case where the president has too much power. Paul Ryan & Mitch McConnell have pleaded with him not to do this.
    Oh well, let Trump keep on dirtying the Republican party's name. Maybe he'll fuck it up for Kavanaugh.

7. That whole voter purge thing is real, kids.

Went to go check my polling stuff for Connecticut's primary on the 14th to see if I'm able to vote in it. I am not affiliated but they passed something in 2016 that I thought was supposed to alter who could vote in primaries. Found out I am not registered to vote at all. (Also, the thing I was thinking of was an election day voter registration law.)

I sure didn’t make any special effort to register in this state, but I got a ballot in the mail.

9. Yeah WA and OR are great, you're registered when you update your Driver's License and all voting is via mail.
    Last edited by bbobb; 01 Aug 2018 at 07:33 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I had to register the first time here in CA and they have sent me updates ever since.