Page 665 of 968 FirstFirst ... 651661663664665666667669679 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Is this where we are now? Proposing the plots of 1960s dystopian future sci-fi novels as solutions to our problems?
    Can we do 1970's dystopian future sci-fi movies instead? Yes? OK good, let's do Logan's Run, but send everyone under 30 to Carousel.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Why does one have to wait to be in need of said pill to get said pill? Do they have a 24 hour half life? Why can't a guy or girl keep a pill in the wallet or purse the way most people keep a condom there?

And I understand it's not a 100% problem solver, but if I've got an 89% chance of stopping conception from happening-that's pretty good odds. We can still fight to help that other 11%. I'm not saying don't. But a lot of this looks to be more liberal whining about an issue and little of anything being done to curb the issue.

Why can't the pill be handed out like condoms? Bitching about stuffy old white dudes isn't going to stop stuffy old white dudes. Ever. So instead of banging your head against that wall, why not step around it- is what I'm asking.

Again, a few years ago when we were discussing pro life vs pro choice, the overwhelming majority of pro choice people stated they weren't pro abortion, the were pro people not having to have babies they didn't want.
    Here's a thing that helps reduce it. It doesn't end a life, it stops it from even beginning. So no one has a leg to stand on to bitch about it on the fundamentalist side.

Now if you want to argue "it's not really about stopping abortions, it's really about keeping our daughter's vaginas dick free," well, I don't have an answer to that. Maybe do more to expose that for what it really is.
    Last time I checked, the pill runs about $50. Not a bank-breaker, but for a lot of folks that’s significant enough to move it out of casual status.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. last time I checked, $50 was < an abortion, and a fuckton < a kid.

At some point, a bit of personal responsibility has to enter the equation.

I like that fucking raw without making a baby is some how worth less than a brand new game.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Jul 2018 at 01:43 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What do you mean? You mean pumping massive levels of hormones into your system isn’t good for you?
    lel. I wonder when that male bc pill will finally make it to market so we can finally have a break? it won't happen because medicine hates women

I despise being on hormonal BC, but I've been told time and time again it helps regulate PCOS symptoms. That was another reason I wanted to (and will be participating) in Keto, many women claim that it regulated their symptoms in a miraculous fashion. Actually, I'll move this discussion over to the correct thread now....
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    At some point, a bit of personal responsibility has to enter the equation.
    Personal responsibility is something you teach a kid, it isn't a macro-level solution for a social problem.

A lot of conservatism is linked to this sort of misunderstanding the difference between macro and micro. Like one person can escape poverty by working really hard, but when poverty rates are increasing, it isn't because people are getting lazier and thinking the solution is working harder is foolish.

I have a hypothesis that this fallacy is why population density and politcal affiliation are so closely linked.

7. Ah, there it is.
    These minorities and poor are such children. We have to do everything for them including wiping their ass because they are incapable of doing or learning anything themselves. We must remove any and all agency they have, they dont really know what to do with it anyway, ha ha. Let’s give them paddle balls instead.

I’m not tslking about bootstrapping your way out of poverty. Maybe not everyone knows that fucking raw dog can lead to pregnancy, but most people do, and they choose to do it anyway.

8. So no one has a leg to stand on to bitch about it on the fundamentalist side.

Now if you want to argue "it's not really about stopping abortions, it's really about keeping our daughter's vaginas dick free," well, I don't have an answer to that. Maybe do more to expose that for what it really is.
    And yet these crazy people do just that

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Maybe not everyone knows that fucking raw dog can lead to pregnancy, but most people do, and they choose to do it anyway.
    Well, we could focus on teaching actual sex education in these backwoods states. There's that approach, but oh never mind because of you morons and your religion.

SSJN, taking the pill is like forcing yoir period to start right away, except it's stronger than usual. I agree that it's preferable to an abortion procedure but it's still not something that's easy to go through. I've seen girls laid out by it for a couple of days.

It's a good emergency option, just not an everytime thing.

Education really is the best answer, but religion and imposed morals have been a deterrent to that for so long. Plus our education system needs an overhaul and some money. All the money wants to do is run away and cheat zoning maps to make their own rich schools.

Everything is awful.