Page 471 of 968 FirstFirst ... 457467469470471472473475485 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Please explain where she called Gillibrand a slut, I'd love to see your thought process.
    Look up the definition of slut shaming, then look at the Trump tweet she was addressing. Once you have that context, go back and look at Warren's tweet.

I'll get some coffee and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. But Warren's tweet isn't an admission that she did anything.

You can only infer unintended innuendo when the Republicans say it, ya goof.

4. I just got it after I asked! You're using the slut-shaming definition where a woman is shamed for being sexual. Your definition of slut-shaming infers that the sexual behavior occurred, and is bad.

To call Trump a slut-shamer, she's not calling Trump out for calling her a slut. She's calling Trump out for insinuating it's a bad thing.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Andrew is right this time yous guys.

And it's weird that Warren's tweet takes Trump's implying that Gillibrand propositioned him at face value.

6. That said, is there a better term for this situation, where Trump is calling Gillibrand a slut with the intention of insulting her?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Trump gonna Trump.

8. She probably shouldn't have said anything so we don't have this 'both sides'ism like we do every time a Republican commits obstruction of justice and a Democrat forgets to put a dot on one of their i's in a 100 page book

9. You're right, but the point is she could have said "I don't think Gillibrand offered sex," instead of jabbing Trump for slut-shaming, which is instead saying "So what if she offered sex; that's nothing to be ashamed of."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So the day after denying claims of sexual assault and harassment, Trump calls a female Senator a hooker.

Something really has to be done about the laws that protect presidents from libel/slander. This is nuts.
    I know. Someone in another business would probably be fired for saying shit like that, especially with that "and would do anything" bit in there. But he's President... ahem, the POTUS, so he gets a free pass. So wrong. Yes, said laws need a repeal.
    How many of his tweets actually don't have at least one insult? Just wondering.