Page 853 of 968 FirstFirst ... 839849851852853854855857867 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,530 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. SNL isn't funny.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. It's funny that it's still on the air. Odd funny. Not "HAHA" funny.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    It's really sad to see liberals going in on dumb images like that. Shit does nothing and it's just more fodder for idiots to be like, "THoSe eLiTe LiBRuLS oN THeRE HiGH HoRSeS," about.
    They'd do that if a lib dared to wear matching socks. They're gonna do it no matter what.

More and more I'm thinking that the real 'high horse' is, metaphorically speaking, being too good to climb down into a mud pit and just punch a fucker out when they deserve it. Trump's whole fake air of legitimacy owes a lot to thousands of people with megaphones that all really, really, realllllly want to call him out for being the idiot that he is just constantly biting their tongue to be 'respectful'. Trump and his base ain't ever gonna be humbled by people pussyfooting around on the high road like that.

And though memes should ideally do nothing... I think the amount of enthusiasm and eventual votes Trump got on the back of a concerted deluge of pro-Trump memery, and how much energy was sapped from Hillary from the opposite, would probably be depressingly significant if it were able to be concretely laid out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    SNL isn't funny.
    Not gonna argue on that point. Decent sketches are few and far between, and the political ones are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    More and more I'm thinking that the real 'high horse' is, metaphorically speaking, being too good to climb down into a mud pit and just punch a fucker out when they deserve it.
    This. And not metaphorically. Everyone's still going around acting like the systems are going to work when the shit is broken. These are new problems and they won't be fixed by being civil and voting and doing protest marches. What we should be doing is descending on the homes of federal elected officials and Bezos and such in critical mass. Unfortunately, the economy is so stupid that the fear of losing job/not having healthcare/going to jail/etc. is enough to keep people from doing anything with real impact. This is not a land of revolution any more. So we tweet #RIPAmerica and try to dunk on fascists.

(And yes, I know the followup is, "Well why aren't you doing anything, Mr. Suddenly OK With Violence?" to which I say you don't know that I'm not but if I were I wouldn't admit to it in a public space.)

Hey, fear of losing your job is real when you are about 350k in the hole.

6. Maybe if the political left put as much effort into getting it's house in order and disowning the woke brigade as it does whining about memes and foreign influence, it could actually make some gains.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Hey, fear of losing your job is real when you are about 350k in the hole.
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Maybe if the political left put as much effort into getting it's house in order and disowning the woke brigade as it does whining about memes and foreign influence, it could actually make some gains.
    Nah, that won't solve it either. I know I harp on it but we're broken beyond repair. The only literal path left is open revolt. Throw it away and get a new one. What liberals need to do is drop the disillusion I carried for far too long: being anti-gun.

8. As long as you're fine with breaking the union up, sure.
    Most of the fuckery is on the federal level, after all.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    As long as you're fine with breaking the union up, sure.
    Most of the fuckery is on the federal level, after all.
    Yup to both.

10. Yang dropped out. I feel bad for Democrats. I’m calling Mayor Pete loses this, but wins overall. Probably take until the convention. Warren and Biden will hang in there past Super Tuesday.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt