Page 707 of 968 FirstFirst ... 693703705706707708709711721 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I started saying retard again. It's too good.

I don't have to prove you wrong, Sats. Rogan does that every day of his life for me. Nice of him.

Also, why is anyone alarmed that a man changed his mind upon receiving new information? Isn't that what we want people to do? I don't understand what the deal is here.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I started saying retard again. It's too good.
    Excellent. Next up is "pussy."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I particularly enjoyed when they were trying to hack the Hugo awards, bellyaching to get social commentary out of their gatdang science fiction.

Like, what? Thinly-veiled social allegory is almost the genre's entire point.
    Yeah. I love how mad Silverberg was! What a baby! Aside from that, N.K. Jemisin is the real deal. There's a reason she is the first author to win three in a row and for every book in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Also, why is anyone alarmed that a man changed his mind upon receiving new information? Isn't that what we want people to do? I don't understand what the deal is here.
    hitsblunt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Excellent. Next up is "pussy."
    Penny_is_a_Bitch has you covered, brah https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment..._are_assholes/

Can confirm. Horseflies are indeed assholes.

5. I wish we could get to a place where the appropriate use of words is contextual.
    I should be able to call gohan a fag because he sold his rx-7. I should not be able to call him a fag because I’m mad he sleeps with men. Chux adoration of all things Disney is retarded. Can’t 1cc Metal Slug? You’re a sissy. Like to wear women’s clothes despite having a penis? You’re a person.
    In my 40 years of life, I've seen 3 different words go in and out of fashion when describing people of color descended from a certain geographical region. Switching names doesn’t eradicate prejudice, and taking offense is a learned behavior, not an innate one.

The problem is the "ignorant asshole"

He thinks that you using the word retard is a free pass to hate retards. Because he is both stupid and an asshole.

Though, really, we're just managing asshole by changing how we talk to control the behavior of assholes. In the end, they'll just find another way to be assholes. Like acting like a victim anytime they are asked to share with a minority or to not push policies that restrict others.

7. You'd think the back-and-forth between which terms are oppressive and which aren't would alone be enough to convince people that oppression doesn't come from Oppressive People with Oppressive Ideas saying Oppressive Words, but from material relationships between people and property, but here we are.

Well it used to come from that. And it still does for a few horrible people. But yeah, systemic racism is the bigger problem now.

It's almost [like redefining racism as prejudice + power was counter productive. Image that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    That's the guy who got himself assaulted. The best part is that after he got banned (from Magic tournaments too, I believe) he tried to get Gamergate dicks to support him and he was too much of a shitbag even for them.

The part that really gets me is that when you hit -Gaters with "why" to all the dumb justifications, for the ones you can't get to openly admit they just don't like women/brown people, it boils down to things not being historically accurate. Aside from that being ridiculously nearsighted, they're saying that they want their dragons and superpowers and other stuff that has never existed to be historically accurate.
    looooool! Okay, I totally missed that part. What a great ending to a terrible story.

Cigs - I have zero issue with people evolving their thought process over time, because that's rad and human and stuff. But Rogan is a shock jock, he says what he says to gain the acceptance and trust of people in the room and then turns on the ideas and concepts when someone else is in the room on a different day. In the context of talk show host, that's expected. But when he does it, it's just very grating on my nerves and generally annoying. Like, take Howard Stern for example - there's a consistency to his style, his back and forth banter is clever and sharp. He changes his mind, he changes his position, and that's fine. Rogan is like that dude at a party who keeps interrupting a conversation to interject his dumb ass jokes and then repeat said joke again to make sure everyone heard it. He doesn't have a personality to speak of, it's weird and gives me second hand embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Here's the thing I've discovered: IRL doesn't give a fuck about what the internet thinks.

Everyone around town that I've dropped a retard on laughs and is happy that I'm talking like a human being. And I have barbs for the brave, should the day ever come.

Same thing when I asked the literal Mom and Pop from the Bike Shop about painting my helmet and putting stickers on it. Reddit is in an ABSOLUTE FRENZY over these things. Meanwhile, the 68-year old Geologist with her Masters and CALVES OF BLACK AND CHROME was like "WTF, do whatever you want with your helmet, man."