Page 434 of 968 FirstFirst ... 420430432433434435436438448 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Lol.

2. Why is everyone doing it wrong except the second dude from the left?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I held the same opinion for the first few years she came into prominence. I even liked some of her ideas, like her plan to make the Postal Service relevant and profitable while at the same time gutting predatory check-cashers.
    At some point, her fights against the financial industry malfeasance became fights to get Elizabeth Warren more prominence. That's when she lost me. Obama spent 8 years running interference for the big banks and Warren played along because it got her the CFPB job and a Senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    But something happened during the last election. The calm, collected, rational Warren gave way to a more emotional, shrill Warren. It's clear that Trump gets under her skin on a very personal level, and that's not a good look. I'm not saying she isn't suited for a national campaign, but I am saying that she's not suited for a national campaign against Trump. I know you respect her greatly, but he will eat her lunch.
    I don't think Warren would be an especially good candidate. Warren, like all Democrats, will be subject to the same identity politics driven miasma that destroyed Clinton's campaign. I really don't know a way out for them. Nowadays on the blue team, anything to the right of open borders is considered racist.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 13 Nov 2017 at 08:47 PM.

what happened to just being a bunch of cool fonzies?

Why do I have to choose between a group that is ok with gayaway camps and another that respects female circumcision as long as brown people do it?

I'm writing in IP next election.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't think Warren would be an especially good candidate.
    Warren would be a disaster. SNL actually nailed the problems of the Democrats with their "We're back!" sketch on Saturday, and Warren is part of the mess it implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    what happened to just being a bunch of cool fonzies?
    I got upgraded to a premium cable tv package for free. Flipping through the channels in the guide, I'd guess that probably 80-85% of the programming is reality TV. I watched a little bit of White People Renovating Houses for kicks. Whether it's manufactured drama about not being able to transform a living room on budget because of surprise asbestos removal or manufactured drama about some idiots in a party house fighting over some unimportant issue, the majority of Americans only know how to resolve things through unnecessarily escalated conflict. A good chunk of the remaining percentage is shit like Rachel Maddow (how the hell is she still on TV after the tax return thing, btw?) and Fox & Friends, which employ strategic cadence, language, and debate methods to effectively brainwash viewers.

"Outrage" on Facebook/Twitter/whatever over [insert topic here that isn't sexual harassment] is a prime example of unnecessarily escalating things. I don't care if it's some idiot calling an entire of group of people they've never met racists because they're holding tiki torches, or a different moron implying that sexual predators are going to dress up like the opposite gender to molest kids in restrooms en masse. When any of us are forced to confront the thing that's "shocking and horrifying" us in person, we generally can't live up to the hype that our lousy television programming has generated. Topical example: The Orange Wonder talks all kinds of shit about China from the safety of a gold-plated room, then goes there and is like, "Oh we are great friends and I love everyone here and thank you for your hospitality!"

But that's just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm writing in IP next election.
    I'd fucking vote for him.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Rachel Maddow...Fox & Friends
    Come on, this "both sides" stuff is crap. I think Maddow goes a bit overboard at times, but to even attempt to equate the two is bananas to me.

I don't watch her on my own, but my parents and grandmother do, and when I am there I don't see how people can compare them on a full continuum. One side is completely dedicated to *usually* trivial matters, and the other not so much. One side is saying things like 'PEOPLE ARE POOR? HOW COME MOST HAVE REFRIGERATORS!?!?!', and the other is pointing out bullshit that wouldn't be acceptable in any administration, ever.

Right now, Jeff Sessions is lying and perjuring himself at every turn, but all F&F can talk about is someone that isn't even holding political office (or they are defending a pedophile, take your pick).

8. Yep. One side is biased media and the other is flat out propaganda, there's a big ass difference between the two.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Also, maddow ' s smugness is hot.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think Maddow goes a bit overboard at times, but to even attempt to equate the two is bananas to me.
    I'll say this: I sent an email to the Circus Peanut last year and have been getting emails all year since. Some days I get like five or six. Each one purports to be from him, Pence, or other prominent Republicans. The language is very clearly manipulative. It's very obvious to me. I seem to be very sensitive to stuff like that. Maddow sets off the alarms in the same way. Her choice of topics doesn't change that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Also, maddow ' s smugness is hot.
    I forgot that you want to dink her in the doink.