Page 545 of 968 FirstFirst ... 531541543544545546547549559 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Yeah, if that's the reason for the Technically Correct party to support dropping/gutting ADA requirements, that's laughably flimsy.

2. I think there just needs to be a broader effort to discourage and punish vexatious litigation in general, but the judicial industry would just find a way to spin that into even more lawsuits and filing fees.

3. SLAPPs especially need addressed. A SLAPP filer doesn't expect to win, but they instead plan to burden the defendant with bullshit legal defense costs until they are silenced.

The USA should adopt the English Rule for the legal system, like nearly all Western democracies do. Loser pays.
    I think that would probably deter SLAPPs, if the defendant were to fight back knowing the plaintiff didn't have jack shit on them. Defendant wins, & ends up off the hook while the plaintiff chokes on the legal bills from both sides. Fair enough.

4. Ah, it's been a long 3 months.

5. So... is this an admission that Russia was a dead end?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. maybe in bizarro world, I guess

whatever floats your boat

7. It sounds like foreign interference is quite a big deal, but if it were US nationals doing exactly the same stuff it would be a first amendment thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Maybe it’s related. Cash for access is nothing new. It’s why the Clinton Foundation was so controversial. But she wasn’t an active president. I’m unsure why Joust keeps thinking every update of this wet fart of a story is big news.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Ah, it's been a long 3 months.

It was okay. I really prefer when he goes in on non-Trump topics but I get that you have to go big for the first episode.