Page 405 of 968 FirstFirst ... 391401403404405406407409419 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    It's been my experience that the average Russian is more well-read than the average American or Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Yes quite a few. I dated a Russian for a few years and we reconnected as friends recently. Also many of the great writers of the 20th and 21st century were Russian.
    This is very Cheeksian of you. Was it an homage or a pastiche?

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    No, it's not.

North Korea is a communist state in name and (largely) practice.
    How do you figure? Communism is a system in which the people control the means of production. North Korea is a hereditary monarchy in which the means of production (and everything else) are controlled by a king and the people have absolutely no Democratic power whatsoever.

Just because they're allied with communists and use some communist rhetoric and and aesthetics doesn't make them communist in any meaningful way whatsoever.

3. No argument here, but at least they're nominally communist and the model of ownership is something other than private. Which is exactly my point: "Russia is communist" fails even by these lax criteria.

I guess the us is at it again. We've all but successfully annoyed north Korea into attacking us. They see his tweets as a declaration of war and plan to shoot down our aircraft. Which our news will report as a declaration of war.

It's really amazing we keep getting away with the combat version of "I'm not touching you" as we waive annoyance in their face.

5. The Trump Presidency

The DPRK is a totalitarian state like the New Kingdom in Ancient Egypt. Even some of the rhetoric is similar. It’s weird. They switched over to being highly militaristic during KJI’s reign in the late 1980s/early 1990s but this is a question of policy not structure.

Whether or not they fit the definition of “communism” is not an argument worth having. The fact is that it was founded as a Soviet client state, the USSR propped them up as long as they were in existence, it has a command economy, they refer to themselves as communist in their constitution, etc.

Communist countries tend to turn into authoritarian shitholes, the twist here is the hereditary transfer of power.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I guess the us is at it again. We've all but successfully annoyed north Korea into attacking us. They see his tweets as a declaration of war and plan to shoot down our aircraft. Which our news will report as a declaration of war.

It's really amazing we keep getting away with the combat version of "I'm not touching you" as we waive annoyance in their face.
    It's not at all amazing when you look at who the kid being taunted is.

7. So are we going to war with North Korea or do I have other things to worry about this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Kim can’t do shit until China OKs it. And no one wants the US to overthrow Kim. No one wants 25 million starving, unskilled workers. Not China, not Russia, not South Korea.

Trump just wants Kim to bend the knee, but no one wants that because of the above.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. The Trump Presidency

3 days night night mother fucker
    Last edited by Chux; 25 Sep 2017 at 08:25 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. DUDE, I'm at work
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.