Page 895 of 968 FirstFirst ... 881891893894895896897899909 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,950 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    They could have also been getting ready to test everyone months ago, so those with the illness could have been cornteened sooner. Or halted travel from outside the country sooner. Or put a ban on mardi gras and other events sooner.
    The worst part is knowing that we'll have just as lousy a response when the second wave hits. It actually looks like new cases are starting to tick up again, too. There aren't enough days in a row to be sure on the country level... but Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Texas, and Virginia are beginning their spikes.

2. I’m very happy to be living in Canada. Even our conservative premier (equiv. of governor) in Ontario is behaving like a civilized human being. Toronto has not been hit hard at all.

The tech industry is pretty fucked. I’m hiring 4 new people but almost every company has laid off huge swaths of people.

3. Nick, can we change the name of the message board to this?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Sounds like semantics.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    My point would be that in a Pandemic, a nation with a lower death rate than other nations is logically doing more to meditate deaths, or is at least more successful at doing so, than other nations. We were dog shit at stopping the spread initially, but as a nation a lot has been done to save lives.

I would assume any nation using this Pandemic to execute a Genocide would see higher than average death rates compared to similar nations, not lower.If the US is actively trying to kill seniors right now, they're doing a poor job of it. Even Canada has a higher death rate than we do and people are praising Trudeau, not claiming a Canadian Genocide.

Most of our Deaths are actually from New York and I don't think Coumo is trying to hurt anyone. He seems to really care about taking care of his state, not killing them.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...d81?ri18n=true
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 09 May 2020 at 01:11 AM.

5. It's the Huffington Post. They're not even close to a credible news source.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Yeah I thought 1/3 of cases being black people was low, since here in Georgia I had seen reporting that more than 80% of hospitalized cases were black. I haven’t seen an update death breakdown, but it does look like black cases account for over 33% and are the largest affected racial group.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Ignoring the bias of The Huffington Post, even they only said it's getting close based on what happens moving forward, which I've already agreed with.
    Last edited by Opaque; 09 May 2020 at 10:39 AM.

8. Like all pandemics, who takes the brunt? The poor. No or limited healthcare. Have to work to survive. This is what 40 years of trickle down does.

Universal Healthcare should be a mandated right. I am sure that the DNC will get right on that shit after term limits and taxing apple and amazon.

9. Universal Healthcare will be the best thing to happen to big pharm and the sugar and restaurant industry.

You thought Americans were fat now, hold on to your butts.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Also while Universal Healthcare is absolutley the direction we need to move in, that every developed country with a higher Covid-19 death rate HAS Universal Healthcare shows that it's not the missing piece here in the US.