Page 487 of 968 FirstFirst ... 473483485486487488489491501 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Patently untrue characterization. Simply stating something over and over isn't disputing the fact that I pointed directly to the entire system and government body whose job it is to enforce these types of bills. So no, you're wrong. In the US I can completely understand how someone would see that website and think how tyrannical it is, and reject the ideals that caused it (however well intentioned). 'Murica for better (or for worse) grew off of individual rights. Why people want to give that away without asking serious questions is idiotic.
    I hate to break to you, but your beloved USA has government bodies with similar enforcement of anti-discrimination laws.

2. Andrew posted something that would seem to back that up.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    You just summed up the entirety of the anti-net neutrality argument in one sentence.
    I thought the anti-net neutrality argument was "Fuck you, America, Ima cash this check now."

I've literally never heard an anti-net neutrality argument that wasn't based in a flagrant misunderstanding of what net neutrality is.

4. If there's anything good that may come out of the death of net neutrality, it will be that it motivates the tech industry to finally get its shit together with regards to strong encryption and obfuscation. The ISPs can't filter what they can't identify.

Then they will filter everything that they cant.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Tough titty. As a conservative, she should understand her failing in life and destiny to the grave.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Then they will filter everything that they cant.
    Nah it just has to happen at the browser layer. Safari already does a lot of this, Googs night. Mozilla would too I think.

That’ll be 80-90% of all noise.

8. People would riot if their ISPs blocked popular social media platforms, streaming services, or gaming platforms. As long as those things are onboard, the ISPs would be powerless.

9. Also Drumpf enforcing shitty language policies. I assume people who were okay with Democrats enforcing language are cool with this, too. Hey at least here it's internal.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    People would riot if their ISPs blocked popular social media platforms, streaming services, or gaming platforms. As long as those things are onboard, the ISPs would be powerless.
    They're going to have to start laying pipe down and launching satellite's IMO. Though Facebook tried and it exploded atop the recent SpaceX launch failure. 800m down the tubes!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. I'm sure some kind of rocket ship insurance exists.