Page 712 of 968 FirstFirst ... 698708710711712713714716726 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    bbobb, There's no need to take that tone with me. We've known each other for far too long for you to be this rude towards me.

I remember when we 1st met each other in chat & you were a very positive person & had a great outlook on things which made it a lot of fun to talk to you. Over the years whatever has happened to you has caused you to turn into an angry person whom I've seen lashing out at people here so many times.

I've ignored it because deep down I still think the same nice person that you were is still there somewhere but I just wonder how far you've gone. You used to never talk to people like this.

Edit: I should have carded you for the previous post for being insulting but I figured maybe it's better to actually talk to you.
    Card me, bucko. That's the nicest post I've seen bbobb post in years.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Card me, bucko. That's the nicest post I've seen bbobb post in years.
    Oh I've seen worse but I'd like to think because of our friendship we used to have that he wouldn't attack me like he's been doing recently. Oh and I think Nick said you were uncardable at one point so sorry!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    So you are going to try and shelter people from hearing Bad Ideas so they don't think anything wrong? How about you talk to your friend about individual points that come up and help each other to think about these things?
    Well, we are the point where me slapping him is talking about individual points and whatnot. But that's us. Society? Yeah, I'm okay with whatever I get called for saying we're at the point of needing that nanny state everyone always complains about. You motherfuckers* are too fucking stupid. The biggest mistake we ever made on the internet was tying advertising to how we run everything, and it has set us on a downward spiral. (Wanna argue that point? Cool, read this https://ramblingspace.com/posts/end-...story-last-ad/)

* I generally do not lump you motherfuckers here on TNL into that group.

Like you can't watch Jordan Peterson talk about taking personal responsibility and cleaning your room and understand that those are good ideas, while also hearing him talk about staying awake for a month after drinking apple cider and understand that he might be crazy. It's completely absurd to me that everything has to be 100% like people can't have good and bad ideas at the same time.
    Here's the problem: That makes sense to me. It makes sense to you. It makes sense to probably the rest of you TNL motherfuckers. But it doesn't to the people he's corrupting. And there's more of those. I know - and understand - the arguments against this but we need to protect ourselves from ourselves. Before you comment that they should have a platform, let me be clear: They should have a platform. Not a monetized one. Ex: A forum, like this, funded by them and their crazy members and not (at least, in Ben Shapiro's case) some of that big Republican money. If you didn't read that Data & Society thing I posted, a little bit ago, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Which could probably ruin something for someone. Like if I had 10 big titty games this year, and her videos convinced some developer to take away the titties in one of those games. I've lost some of my titty games. 1/10 of my titty games have been ruined.
    1 of 10? God damn it that's unacceptable!

After what ARBM said I did a little looking around and realized the person he doesn't want us to mention is one of the first people targeted by Gamergate. So, while I haven't listened to her specifically and I'm not "on her side" I'll say this.

Things weren't great for women and other marginalized people during that period of time we're reminiscing about. But it's possible to be nostalgic for the way things were while still acknowledging that, and letting them in on our boys' club without gatekeeping or attacking them. Even if what they say is incendiary or seems like an attack on you, take a few minutes to think about it from their point of view. I know he's being facetious but IP's example is actually sort of the same reasoning I'm seeing with the Comicsgate kids. You had 10 titty games a year, right? Letting new developers in, and allowing them to make games, doesn't mean 1 of those gets turned into a non-titty game. Your 10 titty games are just sharing space with like 3 non-titty games. (My numbers are probably not right but you get what I'm saying.)

Take my pug RPG thing. That wasn't a complaint. People who are nerds for the pug breed can play an RPG about something they are super interested in. That doesn't mean Pendragon or GURPS is gone. Though, to be fair, I'm not shedding any tears over the loss of GURPS.

4. I have no problems with titty games. And I can do with games without a lot of titties. However, don't try and take away all the titty games or there's going to be a problem.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Good news: literally nobody is doing or even proposing that.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 19 Sep 2018 at 02:50 PM.

6. I would like to know what the problem would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Well, we are the point where me slapping him is talking about individual points and whatnot. But that's us. Society? Yeah, I'm okay with whatever I get called for saying we're at the point of needing that nanny state everyone always complains about. You motherfuckers* are too fucking stupid. The biggest mistake we ever made on the internet was tying advertising to how we run everything, and it has set us on a downward spiral. (Wanna argue that point? Cool, read this https://ramblingspace.com/posts/end-...story-last-ad/)

* I generally do not lump you motherfuckers here on TNL into that group.

Here's the problem: That makes sense to me. It makes sense to you. It makes sense to probably the rest of you TNL motherfuckers. But it doesn't to the people he's corrupting. And there's more of those. I know - and understand - the arguments against this but we need to protect ourselves from ourselves. Before you comment that they should have a platform, let me be clear: They should have a platform. Not a monetized one. Ex: A forum, like this, funded by them and their crazy members and not (at least, in Ben Shapiro's case) some of that big Republican money. If you didn't read that Data & Society thing I posted, a little bit ago, please do.

1 of 10? God damn it that's unacceptable!

After what ARBM said I did a little looking around and realized the person he doesn't want us to mention is one of the first people targeted by Gamergate. So, while I haven't listened to her specifically and I'm not "on her side" I'll say this.

Things weren't great for women and other marginalized people during that period of time we're reminiscing about. But it's possible to be nostalgic for the way things were while still acknowledging that, and letting them in on our boys' club without gatekeeping or attacking them. Even if what they say is incendiary or seems like an attack on you, take a few minutes to think about it from their point of view. I know he's being facetious but IP's example is actually sort of the same reasoning I'm seeing with the Comicsgate kids. You had 10 titty games a year, right? Letting new developers in, and allowing them to make games, doesn't mean 1 of those gets turned into a non-titty game. Your 10 titty games are just sharing space with like 3 non-titty games. (My numbers are probably not right but you get what I'm saying.)

Take my pug RPG thing. That wasn't a complaint. People who are nerds for the pug breed can play an RPG about something they are super interested in. That doesn't mean Pendragon or GURPS is gone. Though, to be fair, I'm not shedding any tears over the loss of GURPS.
    To the best of my knowledge, Anita and others are not being barred from becoming new developers. The videos tend to attack established brands and current and future games. They are pushing for companies to change their product. Not for people to make additional new products that meet their desires.

Like with the lego. They are pushing for lego to drop the battle themed sets and return to the basic block sets, not for a new company to enter the market or to produce more non battle lego in addition to battle sets.

Or maybe I'm wrong. I can go read filthy jp art books about Dragan vampire girls if I want to see exaggerated cartoon titties. I don't really have to get it from Super Human Mutant Spider Batman or Doki Doki poke Wario 5. So I don't keep up with all the slights like some.

I will point out that I think bonus got off on the wrong foot with his feedback on anita. I doubt he really feels she deserves everything. Like people want to beat her to death and have looked up the addresses of her parents. That's a bit much for a subtle YouTube shock jock. We're not doing this to every other bulls hit you tuber that talks out their assets to get clicks and patreon donations.

9. I'm gonna be honest, I've tried to analyze the gamergate thing multiple times and it's so convoluted and full of shit-tier opinions being passed as facts that I just lose interest at times. It's completely and utterly impossible to navigate in depth unless you're researching it constantly, since there's new drama and developments all the time. I believe that the *core* argument usually boils down to a marginalized population arguing their right to representation in gaming, and certain people are bucking back toward that expectation of rights. This is super common in every movement or trend ever (especially in regards to any sort of technological change,) and when you're on the crest of a big change there are always those who go full xenophobic and scream and cry about the old days and how we should work toward a goal of "how things were." Usually the mouthpiece of the movement (Anita in this case) will either be lauded as a 100% hero or 100% villain, depending on your allegiance. She's either going to save gaming or she's ruining it for everyone.
    Social Movement analysis here which I don't expect anyone to read but it's here nonetheless:
    https://medium.com/delapierced/socia...e-b0a3dcf96b4f

However, there are a few facts about modern gaming that speak toward the changes being unstoppable, despite a lot of mad guys claiming otherwise. Pew did a study earlier in the year about teens and gaming, and the numbers clearly indicate that a majority in both genders play vidya- girls- 83%, boys - 97%.
    http://www.pewinternet.org/2018/05/3...chnology-2018/

So, what does this mean? It means that the idea of gaming as a niche, male-centric hobby is no longer valid, and should no longer be considered some sort of secret hobby, to be hidden away from the normies reeeeeeeeeeeeee. Which also means it's going to be subject to major changes, way different ones than we faced as kids. If a majority of teens plays games - regardless of gender- games will be monetized in excess, they will be regulated via the government, and we're going to see one million thinkpieces about them for the rest of time, or until we reach stages 7 and 8 of the Social Movement nonsense I linked above. Sargon is pretty much a mouthpiece for a losing movement, but also fulfills the same goal as Anita does - people get to dump their hopes or fears on him depending on where they stand.

I mean, from my standpoint, he seems pretty lame and laughable and I don't really get the support. I can see where people's support of Anita may have fallen off here and there, but defending a guy who actively harasses people and says every dumb thought that flies out of his ass seems counter productive other than "it's for the lulz" and other generic internet edgelord shit. There's a lot of arguments you could have in tyool 2K18, and defending Sargon seems a little cringey. But hey, we all have our hobbies I guess.

Anyway, representation is a constant battle but we're getting closer every day, the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Who is sargon?