Page 940 of 968 FirstFirst ... 926936938939940941942944954 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,400 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. PR will never be a state because Murtle the Turtle thinks that everyone's a Democrat, and instead of trying to win people over, he prefers to just shut them out. Same reason why D.C. is going nowhere.

2. There's more people in PR than 20 states. It's pretty fucked up you don't get congressional representation.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I'm not sure why you're having a hard time with this. But, let's take an issue that's not a few years apart, but one currently existing. Trump has multiple sexual allegations against him. That angers Democrats, Republicans don't care. Biden has multiple racist allegations against him. That angers Republicans, Democrats don't care. Team cult of personality > team values.
    I haven't met anyone actually ok with Biden.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Because the thread is for discussing the trump presidency and not naval gazing an assortment of things not related to it directly?

Would you also like to compare some random democrat to shitty things done by Taft or Jackson? Maybe post random memes? Cause I can get you some memes.
    Oh just stop it. This thread is nearly 1000 pages long and has covered everything from the coronavirus, to conservatism, defunding the police, to the electoral college to PR independence and everything else. This is nonsense.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    PR will never be a state because Murtle the Turtle thinks that everyone's a Democrat, and instead of trying to win people over, he prefers to just shut them out. Same reason why D.C. is going nowhere.
    When Obama had the Presidency and both houses why didn't this change? Genuine question.

And, you're absolutely right. If the people of PR are seeking statehood and are behind it then politics should have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Oh just stop it. This thread is nearly 1000 pages long and has covered everything from the coronavirus, to conservatism, defunding the police, to the electoral college to PR independence and everything else. This is nonsense.

Everything you listed is current and relative to his administration. Being snide when the faults of trump are brought up and asking why democrats are not also being attacked for similar transgressions from 10 years ago, are not.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Everything you listed is current and relative to his administration. Being snide when the faults of trump are brought up and asking why democrats are not also being attacked for similar transgressions from 10 years ago, are not.
    Bringing up Obama, which was 2014 btw, was the only relevant comparison re: Russia/Kurds/Ukraine/President and it wasn't "snide". Other democrats I've brought up are Pelosi, Schumer, & Biden which are quite current.

Speculation that a sitting President is a pawn of Russia, of all things, is pretty unprecedented. Citing similar recent history with Russia with another sitting President for comparison is hardly whataboutism, it's relevant. Had Obama been accused of similar things a few years ago the Democrats would've been charging racism, conspiracy theories, right-wingers, etc... And, honestly, they would've been right to as it's a borderline ludicrous accusation. I would've shaken my head at that just like I'm shaking my head at this.

Anyway, I'll agree to disagree and move along

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Speculation that a sitting President is a pawn of Russia, of all things, is pretty unprecedented. Citing similar recent history with Russia with another sitting President for comparison is hardly whataboutism, it's relevant.
    How is it relevant? How do those actions impact us today or tomorrow? What is the impact of holding or not holding a man no longer in office accountable vs a man that currently in office?

You're wanting to discuss the mole hill while others are talking about the mountain. Obama is no longer in office.

9. So when Trump leaves office, he’s absolved of all crimes?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    When Obama had the Presidency and both houses why didn't this change? Genuine question.

And, you're absolutely right. If the people of PR are seeking statehood and are behind it then politics should have nothing to do with it.
    Democrats are the chief opponents to statehood. Republicans openly favorite and then kill every bill that comes their way, but Democrats don't even want to discuss it. Obama kicked over a wasps nest when he reversed 60+ years of U.S. policy about PR sovereignty just before he left office. We're still dealing with the fallout from that.

Collectively, U.S. policy is now that PR belongs to but is not part of the U.S., and the government can do what it wants with the island. Remember when Trump joked about trading PR to Denmark for Greenland? He can actually do that, with congressional approval. That was decided under GW's tenure. So, they won't make us a state, but they won't give us independence. At the same time, they say the current status is territorial, despite having sworn to the UN for 6 decades that it wasn't. As all this happens, no one in Washington wants to do anything about the topic.
    Last edited by Melf; 03 Jul 2020 at 02:33 PM.