Page 705 of 968 FirstFirst ... 691701703704705706707709719 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. LOL I’m not a mod.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Oh yeah, he went full MAGA. He guzzles down that Comics & Diversity bullshit, too.

It's a shame, I rarely agreed with him politically, but he seemed to be a good, sane guy otherwise. Now the veil has been ripped away.
    Bummer. I figured all his bitching about corruption and incompetence woulda made him a never trumper. Guess the allure of tax cuts and a border wall is too stronk.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    Bummer. I figured all his bitching about corruption and incompetence woulda made him a never trumper. Guess the allure of tax cuts and a border wall is too stronk.
    Or maybe he just got sick of arguing with people who were too thickheaded to deal with. Not everything he said had to do with Trump supporting and he was one of our better posters on these forums but as he said, He got tired of being here just like some other people have who've left & come back as well many times before.

Life goes on for some people and I hope you guys who liked Yoshi don't go full on retard spewing hate about him just because his political views arn't the same as yours. I'd like to think as long as some of you guys have known each other for close to 15 years, you would be above petty shit like that.

Who knows, To me this place is like a dysfunctional family.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 16 Sep 2018 at 05:24 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Life goes on for some people and I hope you guys who liked Yoshi don't go full on retard spewing hate about him just because his political views arn't the same as yours.
    It depends. If he supports Comicsgate then he really is a goner. Most of the things we disagreed about - including the traditionally social conservative things - seemed to come from that "my hard earned money" place with him which, while not a view I share, I can understand. I can't see how fiscal conservatism plays into Comicsgate. Those babies are pretty clear what's motivating them. In fact, I'd be more inclined to believe that Yoshi would not support Comicsgate assholes, since making comics for a wider audience is basic supply & demand.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    It depends. If he supports Comicsgate then he really is a goner.

Oh give me a break....
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. I don't even know what that is, but it sounds like something completely retarded.

7. It is completely retarded and those who are part of it are utterly pathetic individuals. I'm not saying they can't change, because I like to hold out hope, but I'm not putting a lot of faith in it. Bunch of racist, misogyinist motherfuckers who will only be happy when the world is as white and male as they are. Which makes this a perfect tangent for a Trump thread.
    Last edited by James; 16 Sep 2018 at 08:37 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I don't even know what that is, but it sounds like something completely retarded.
    Basically the Comics equivalent of GamerGate. Women and minorities are ruining our hobby so we're going to act like a bunch of assholes to people of those groups associated with our hobby.

9. The funny part is that the -Gate suffix stems from the Watergate stuff. Yet, what the various -Gaters do is gatekeeping, so it's apt even without the historical context!

EDIT: There's Magicgate, too. The dude who runs a local comic shop and officiated two of my friends weddings punched a Magicgater for talking shit at some recent convention.

10. The -gate retardation makes me understand the need for minorities to collect.