Page 760 of 968 FirstFirst ... 746756758759760761762764774 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Jeff Sessions is gone

What a functional democracy we have in the greatest country ever! usa usa usa

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    TX and FL are total shitholes
    Seems like it. DeSantis' "don't monkey this up" is unforgivable & really should have cost him enough votes to give it to Gillum. Nope... welcome to the South, where racism pays. Yes, shame on Texas too. Ted Cruz defends that sicko Ted Nugent. Sometimes I just can't help wishing the South would secede again.

Good on the Dems taking the House. Too bad the Senate is still red. Trump is probably flustered by the Democrats taking the House, just trying to hide it. Hopefully America wakes up & finds its pride by 2020.

Florida is about as southern as Wisconsin.

4. Florida’s kind of it’s own thing.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I think this works to Trump’s benefit. The biggest thing that will come from two years of inevitable nonstop investigations is a fired-up Trump base rolling into 2020. Plus, when House Dems make Pelosi speaker again (because of course they will), Trump gets his dream foil. Hating on Pelosi has been a Republican pastime for decades, and now she gets a starring role in The Trump Show. The only uncertainty is which nickname he will use. I’m betting on “Nutty Nancy,” but he hasn’t been bound to alliteration in the past, so we’ll see.
    I fear you're spot on here. I keep needling at Dems that a rich, liberal Californian woman that absolutely reeks of upper-crust disconnect with the lower and middle classes is the Republicans' dream boogeyman (despite all that being a hair's width away from describing Trump himself), just a perfect storm of everything that effectively calls them to arms and to the polls, but no one wants to hear it. "As long as she raises money well, she deserves her chance." Seems like awfully familiar territory. I'm sure it'll work out totally differently for her than it did for that last high-profile Dem woman whose name was dragged for years in conservative media while libs kept blithely swearing it would be a non-factor and her haters were just a crazy fringe.

It might not be fair that all her attributes play perfectly to Republican antagonism, but uh, they do. Stop putting a big juicy target like her front and center, push her back into a shadow broker role and get someone for Speaker that's not a goddamn tee-ball for lathering the right into a foamy-mouthed frenzy.

And for chrissakes, she's not even good at speaking! I've never seen an interview with her or speech from her where I felt like she communicated her points especially well, and rarely seen one where she didn't make a dunderheaded, ill-phrased soundbite that fed her opponents ammunition.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 08 Nov 2018 at 01:10 AM.

6. I keep needling at Dems that a rich, liberal Californian woman that absolutely reeks of upper-crust disconnect with the lower and middle classes is the Republicans' dream boogeyman (despite all that being a hair's width away from describing Trump himself), just a perfect storm of everything that effectively calls them to arms and to the polls, but no one wants to hear it.
    you just explained in the same sentence why that doesn't matter

7. Thank you for illustrating my point!

Them not being self-aware of the irony of ripping into her doesn't preclude them from ripping into her. It doesn't negate that Republican attack ads coast-to-coast invoke ominous warnings of "[Democratic candidate] would be a lapdog for NANCY PELOSI" and that that line of attack seems to work pretty well for them.

Yes, they'll drag anyone the Dems pick through the mud, but rarely have they vilified someone so completely and effectively as they've vilified Pelosi, and that's the bar she'd be starting at.

8. Yes but my point is that the variable you should probably be looking at is *time*. Meaning "they haven't done anything like this to other people" is more like "they keep getting worse as time passes".

Pretty sure they have attacked Obama for the last several years and keep doing it. This is a group that made up some dumb shit like Pizzagate. Was there a Pizzagate in 1998?

Furthermore, with record turnout, Beto still lost in Texas. People were energized to vote against Beto. Is Beto like Nancy Pelosi? Same with Gillum in FL, same with Abrams in GA. All record turnouts, I believe. Are they Nancy Pelosi?
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 08 Nov 2018 at 08:32 AM.

9. RBG is in the hospital with three fractured ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Sounds like she's alright, she fell and felt bad later so she went to the doctor on her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!