Page 881 of 968 FirstFirst ... 867877879880881882883885895 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,810 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    We have such a fundamentally different take on what life means at this point that I can't even begin to figure out where to start.

I doubt that very much.

I believe you wish we did.
    Last edited by Opaque; 01 May 2020 at 04:41 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    We have such a fundamentally different take on what life means at this point that I can't even begin to figure out where to start.
    Well, start with the important stuff.

Exactly who's cheeks did Palpatine clap?

I need to make some sense of this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Complaining about someone else's vote sounds a little self spanky to me. After all, i am "wasting" my vote, right?

Maybe you should grow up and accept positions other than your own.
    I have accepted positions other than my own. Again, because I can't seem to get this through to you, I DO NOT CARE who anyone wants to win this election. I think there are valid reasons for many sentient beings to want many things and that's not my problem, but I'm gonna call you out for using what power you do have and then complaining about he ramifications of that. For example I had no vote on Brexit. None. I live nowhere near where I would need to for that to be something that effects my life.

If you voted for Brexit and then complained about the wait at customs when flying unto the EU after, I kind of don't feel sorry you. If you didn't vote at for the referendum and are unhappy it passed, I don't feel sorry for you.

That's an analogy for this. If you vote for anyone other than someone who has an actual chance to beat Trump and then later complain about how Trump won and how bad he is, I don't really feel sorry for you. If you vote for Biden in November , he loses, and then you complain about how bad Trump is, that's fair. If you vote for Trump and are happy that Trump won, I get it.
    Last edited by Opaque; 01 May 2020 at 04:45 PM.

The "actual chance to win" thing is a bunch of dumb thinking from dumb motherfuckers all thinking the same dumb fucking way.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I doubt that very much.

I believe you wish we did.
    I assure you.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I assure you.
    You don't fucking know me. Don't act like you do.

You don't even Facebook know me.

You're the aforementioned corny ass family man. You chose that life. You can sleep at night, and look at yourself in the mirror being that. I could never do that. We don't live on the same planet.

7. So we're clear, the difference between you and me is that I have two children? That's the difference? The whole of what I value in all other aspects of life unknown to you, that I have two kids and you've seen some Instagram photos I put out there so my family can see my children, means we have such utterly different lives that there's no reconciling it? You don't know what I do for a living. You don't know where I live. You don't know what food I like, what music I listen to, how my week goes. You don't know dicks about shit.

Then again, I can't fathom being so narrow minded that if someone has a different home life from me I can no longer identify with them on any level, and yet here you are. Maybe we are very different after all.

8. Do you know dicks about shit?

9. Depends on the topic.

Needless trivia about Final Fantasy speedruns I've been watching in quarantine? Yes. Anything about Josh's personal life? Maybe he's still married to the same woman I met over a decade ago? He used to have a dog a long time ago, maybe he has a new one? No idea.

You don't know what I do for a living. You don't know where I live. You don't know what food I like, what music I listen to, how my week goes.
    I don't care.

Then again, I can't fathom being so narrow minded that if someone has a different home life from me I can no longer identify with them on any level, and yet here you are.
    I don't need, or expect you to understand.

Maybe we are very different after all.
    Without question.